• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

H Baroman Hong Kong: just bought

fracmeister

Reaction score
I live in HK now but haven't bought an HK suit in a few years. For 25 years I bought from a decent bunch --- well above the street hawkers but not one of the more famous names. I bought a few shirts at Jantzen and then a dozen more as I was very happy with them. I wasnt as impressed with the suits I inspected that they had finished for others so I went to W W Chan and Gordon Yao. Both seemed very good candidates. But I hit it off at H Baroman and the workmanship is first rate.

I dont think you should consider them to be super creative. The styles are very conventional.... and some people say that like it is a bad thing.

Not all of us can pull of "Skyfall."

Classic Car

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I live in HK now but haven't bought an HK suit in a few years. For 25 years I bought from a decent bunch --- well above the street hawkers but not one of the more famous names. I bought a few shirts at Jantzen and then a dozen more as I was very happy with them. I wasnt as impressed with the suits I inspected that they had finished for others so I went to W W Chan and Gordon Yao. Both seemed very good candidates. But I hit it off at H Baroman and the workmanship is first rate.
I dont think you should consider them to be super creative. The styles are very conventional.... and some people say that like it is a bad thing.
Not all of us can pull of "Skyfall."

Does Baroman use canvass by hand or by sewing machine? How do they compare with Ah Man Hing Cheong?
How about their pricing compare with W W Chan or Gordan Yao?

fracmeister

Reaction score
I'll get pictures shortly. The prices are a little hard to compare as I never really compared exactly the same material. There is both machine and hand stitching on the garment but the canvas is hand stitched. Odd that we had that discussion and you asked! I can probably not answer many more technical ones.

Yao seems to be more expensive in general. But that could be the material I was looking at. The WW Chan prices were also all over the place. The cheapest suit there was about 2000$ and they went much higher --- they have some material that was more than 8k per suit that i remember. Yao probably did as well and I wouldnt be shocked to know that Baroman's top ones were up there.

I got a nice charcoal suit at Baroman's with great material for less than 2k and am having a cashmere sportscoat for just over that.

I will post pics....

Classic Car

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I'll get pictures shortly. The prices are a little hard to compare as I never really compared exactly the same material. There is both machine and hand stitching on the garment but the canvas is hand stitched. Odd that we had that discussion and you asked! I can probably not answer many more technical ones.
Yao seems to be more expensive in general. But that could be the material I was looking at. The WW Chan prices were also all over the place. The cheapest suit there was about 2000$ and they went much higher --- they have some material that was more than 8k per suit that i remember. Yao probably did as well and I wouldnt be shocked to know that Baroman's top ones were up there.
I got a nice charcoal suit at Baroman's with great material for less than 2k and am having a cashmere sportscoat for just over that.
I will post pics....

Your comment is very helpful. Baroman had employed a new young cutter, the quality and pricing has improved recently.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads