• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gym Clothes

yeayea

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest good clothes for the gym? Mostly, I need a good pair of shorts and maybe some good sneakers.

Im looking for something that fits, looks good and is suitable for my weight-lifting regiment. The guys at my gym all seem to wear basketball shorts. They dont look good and are too cumbersome for gym type activity. Plus im not very tall and i dont mind showing off my legs.

Finally, in addition to weight training, I do martial arts (grappling and kickboxing) and some cross training (running). So versatility counts.

Im thinking of these

http://www.underarmour.com/ProductDe...&pf_id=1000393

tbabes

Reaction score
I like the underamour stuff, and avoid the basketball shorts (I assume you mean the baggy/shiny things that flow down to the knee) at all costs.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Basketball shorts are comfortable and gym-stylish when worn the right way (e.g in the right size, ending at the knee, not pulled down to reveal designer workout underwear etc). Also short mid-thigh shorts look ridiculous when doing activities like squash, indoor soccer etc.

But I'm quite conscious of my thunder thighs, so...

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear Champion shorts. Love them!

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
yeah I bought a lot of 13 Champion tees off ebay for like 15 bucks cos I was decimating all my old tees boxing and grappling. The Champions are tough as hell. I have also ordered these Cagewalk shorts, which are pretty well reviewed for MMA. Made by Sprawl as their cut price line....they were at 16.50 on runout sale when I bought them a couple weeks back (still waiting for them to arrive), but are back up to a still-very-reasonable 23.50 now.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just wear random shorts/t-shirts. I have some champion that I picked up at Target. I don't want to use anything too nice because I'll usually wear em in the spa at the gym and they get washed/dried quite often as well.

adversity04

Reaction score
I still use some old adidas soccer shorts that end right above the knee. Nice length since they don't hamper knee movement during squats and deadlifts or while running.

yeayea

Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
I have also ordered these Cagewalk shorts, which are pretty well reviewed for MMA. Made by Sprawl as their cut price line....they were at 16.50 on runout sale when I bought them a couple weeks back (still waiting for them to arrive), but are back up to a still-very-reasonable 23.50 now.

I like the look of those. Good for my mma/weightlifting cross training Let me know how you make out with them. Good price even at 23.50.

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
Whatever you get, try them on first. I have some basic underarmour shorts that are too long and tug in front. Another pair is perfect with a good range of motion.

Many UA shorts are very revealing of your package regardless of what kind of underwear you choose. You can decide if that's a good thing (or not).

Young Scrappy

Reaction score
Basketball shorts don't all come down to your calves. Nike makes very light ones. You can get at sports authority. As for shirts, I like personality on my shirts. I cut the sleeves off all my participant shirts, meaning basketball camp, softball league, special Olympics volunteering, rec league shirt, marathon etc. I don't like generic t-shirts at all.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yeayea
I like the look of those. Good for my mma/weightlifting cross training Let me know how you make out with them. Good price even at 23.50.
yeah will do, great service too. In my case, they had run out of my size on the runout sale - kept the discount price open with new stock on the grounds that it 'wasnt my fault we are out' - very cool of them since the whole point of a runout sale is to run out! The other ones that come highly recommended and are quite affordable are these...but I opted against them because Craig at Cagewalk gave me such good service, that I would have felt a bit bad buying from someone else.

Englandmj7

Reaction score
Not a place I would normally ever walk into, but I was at the mall yesterday and the FILA store had absolutely everything in store at 50%+ off. I got a pair of nice running shoes for $20 marked down from $120, and about 5 pairs of shorts for $10 a piece.

Probably a longshot, but if they have a store in your area it'd be worth checking out. They actually had some pretty good looking stuff..........

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i trash my gym clothes so i just wear whatever.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads