1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gym bags?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by illiquid, Aug 27, 2011.

1. illiquid

illiquid Member

I really don't see too many gym bags out there to my liking. I carry a gym bag with me every day to work, a very casual office environment, and right now just using a cheap nike bag that does what it's supposed to do. Anyone out there have any recommendations? I'm thinking a duffel shape bag, canvas would be more practical than leather, as I actually work out at the gym (heavy sweat-drenched-shirt-boot-camp-type stuff), and would take into account ease of cleaning, odor (non)retention, etc.

The last gym bag I saw and really liked was this one for which I sadly missed the boat. Your recs?

[​IMG]

2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Why don't you just leave the bag inside your car?

I also use a gym bag every day, but the thought of getting a designer one never crossed my mind as like you, I store quite a lot of stuff inside: shirt, shorts, compression shorts, shoes, water bottle, mixer bottle, whey protein, etc. I just use an Under Armour one.

4. HAL 9000

HAL 9000 Senior member

Get a duffle like Filson. They look nice, but pretty costly (200 range).

5. okay.w0w

okay.w0w Senior member

a cheap nike bag does the trick for me.

6. illiquid

illiquid Member

Thanks for the suggestion, the white canvas is really throwing me off though.

I also carry a thin laptop in the same bag along with my shoes and gym clothes, but I take mass transit to work, so the bag is pretty much always with me while I'm outside. It's easier to carry a simple nylon nike bag for summer but for fall/winter I'd like something a bit closer to what I'm going to wear.

I just came across this bag which is apparently unavailable, but would suit my purposes:

http://www.polyvore.com/nike_tiempo_elite/thing?id=5805531#

7. warrenjl1

warrenjl1 Senior member

Got mine from American Apparel for $15. Not the most beautiful piece in the world, but has a classic look and durable.

8. warrenjl1

warrenjl1 Senior member

Got mine from American Apparel for $15. Not the most beautiful piece in the world, but has a classic look and durable.

9. anonymouz

anonymouz Senior member

10. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I use a Mountain equipment wet& dry kit bag 40L, I know it's not what yo are looking for, but it's waterproof, so you can just clean it with a damp cloth or do as I do forget about it and beat it to death.

11. dogatemyhw

dogatemyhw Well-Known Member

12. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

The Beckel bags come in od, black, red, natural and sometimes others FYI.

13. slide13

slide13 Senior member

add another vote for American Apparel. I went looking for an old school style duffle bag and there are not many out there. Filson seems overkill (I have a large duffle from them for travel and it's a great bag, but way too substantial for actual gym bag use I think). The AA ones are cheap and get the job done. Mine has held up shockingly well for quite a while now.

14. Agent J

Agent J Active Member

I carry one of these for weekend trips. It's canvas, so it should suffice for the gym as well.

[​IMG]

15. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Senior member

Under Armour bag. Nothing special

I have no clue why anyone would need anything more than this. It is going to be in some nasty places at the gym, hold drenched clothing, stuff always get spilled.

Do not waist your money on some super nice bag.

16. malakas

malakas Senior member

17. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Totally nitpicky, but I wish the zips were gunmetal.
    Only one compartment in those? Or are there multiple?

18. Gmas

Gmas Senior member

I use the Filson small duffle....perfect size for the gym, and not really 'gym bag' looking.

19. hxh_killua

hxh_killua Senior member

Just an adidas bag that fits a lot of stuff. It's not really a fashion show you're just there to work out really, although that might not be everyone's objective.

If you want the looks Malakas has it dead on.