• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gym and running apparel.

Great Satchmo

Reaction score
I did a search and I can't seem to find a thread about gym clothes that actually got any responses, figured I'd try again.

Right now I'm subsisting on shorts and shirts from college sports and as I'm attempting to regularly run and go to the gym, I'm finding that it's just not enough.

I'm looking for stuff that can be had affordably (online shopping, I presume), because I'm looking to get a pair of shorts and shirt for each day of the week, and that can get expensive.

Thoughts?

Scrounger

Reaction score
I usually just head for Marshalls/TJ Maxx. Lots of stuff from Nike/Adidas/Asics etc.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Ditto, I just got all new running gear from TJ Maxx and I found everything I wanted. Adidas shorts and long sleeve shirt for $15 each, Nike DriFit tights for $20, Puma socks, Cloudveil running hoodies.

I still desperately need slim sweat pants for running though, any ideas?

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by prep333
Lululemon has great gear

http://shop.lululemon.com/

They do, just be sure to try some first as I find it runs at least a size large. I wasn't expecting this since it LOOKS very form-fitting, but a Small was too large for me.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Old navy has cheap decent shorts and whatnot. I wouldn't bother spending a ton of cash on lululemon stuff, unless you're really concerned about how you look (running downtown in college towns full of chickas, say). If you just lift weights, just use old t-shirts..

Great Satchmo

Reaction score
Old Navy is a good idea. I guess otherwise I'll just head to TJ/Ross/etc and see what I can do for cheap, I am not really all that picky so long as I feel comfortable in it and it's cheap enough I can get enough to make it from laundry day to laundry day without reusing.

dangson

Reaction score
Nordstrom's Rack has Nike running shorts for around $20. I highly recommend them b/c they let your goods breathe. Haha.

You also might not need one outfit per day. Have a few outfits and just wash them with some detergent after working out. Takes five mins and since athletic stuff are designed to dry quickly, they'll dry overnight.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Champion C9 mesh shorts - 9.99 at Target. Any cheap T-shirt at Target: $5 or less.

Get into the gym, crank out your workout in 45 min and gtfo. Not sure any handwringing about gym attire is really warranted.

runner-guy

Reaction score
+1 for Champion gear or Nike gear at Marshall's or clearance rack at Dick's or Sport's Authority.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally I really love Adidas Techfit junk. Was way skeptic until my football team made a group purchase, but now I love them. They're way pricey though on their own - the Powerweb stuff where it looks like you've got bands all over.
pADIDAS1-7323457_adidasalt1_dt.jpg

Scrounger

Reaction score
BrianVarick;3898008 I still desperately need slim sweat pants for running though said:
Hmm, I picked up a couple of pairs at the end of last season from LL Bean - one Gore-tex and one Brooks Nightlife series for colder temps. Looks like Bean has similar things this season but at full price now. Maybe try Sierra Trading Post?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads