1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gym and running apparel.

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Great Satchmo, Dec 12, 2010.

1. feabt6

feabt6 Member

It pretty much depends on what you do during your workouts -

Brooks, New Balance, and Nike make fantastic running shorts with liners (Brooks is my fav) for the gym. It's a thin fabric that lets your dissipate hear. About $20 on sale.

On the other hand, if you do much serious lifting, you may want to find something with a stiffer fabric. I've never liked basketball shorts for the gym, but UA outlets or Nike and Reebok outlets offer great value. You can also find running shorts with this thicker/rougher fabric too.

Stay away from cotton anything, save for socks. If you're sweating (and you should be) while working out, they only get soaked and annoying as you move around.

2. superseiyan

superseiyan Active Member

I'm going to ask here instead of starting a new thread.

Anyone wear adidas techfit? What's the sizing of those. I haven't seen any physical store around that has the actual items to try on. Ihear they're supertight. I don't want skin tight, but don't want/loose or baggy either.

If you're wearing a supercompression item, what sizes are you people getting? Sizing up?

3. dsgNYC

dsgNYC Senior member

Champion C9 mesh shorts - 9.99 at Target. Any cheap T-shirt at Target: $5 or less.

Get into the gym, crank out your workout in 45 min and gtfo. Not sure any handwringing about gym attire is really warranted.

I still use my Champion C9 mesh shorts and the wick away type shirts that I bought 4 or 5 years ago. They're really a great value.

4. pk977

pk977 Well-Known Member

Anyone who have experienced on New Balance summer compression running shirt