• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GVH Insanity

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had these on a watch list, mostly just to see where they'd go. With a few hours left, I can't believe they're over $500. Yes, they're Mackays. But the price is now up close to where polo.com was selling them on sale not very long ago (albeit perhaps not the suede version...)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ME:L:DBS:US:11

The same bidder seems to be trying to corner the market on size 12 RL shoes at the moment.

EDIT: Turns out the bidder buys almost as many shoes as GVH sells. close to 80 pairs in the past six months!

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
I had these on a watch list, mostly just to see where they'd go. With a few hours left, I can't believe they're over $500. Yes, they're Mackays. But the price is now up close to where polo.com was selling them on sale not very long ago (albeit perhaps not the suede version...)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ME:L:DBS:US:11

The same bidder seems to be trying to corner the market on size 12 RL shoes at the moment.

EDIT: Turns out the bidder buys almost as many shoes as GVH sells. close to 80 pairs in the past six months!

Reseller perhaps? The quality of the shoes he buys are all over the place. Probably just another shoe horse that has not discovered styleforum.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Reseller perhaps? The quality of the shoes he buys are all over the place. Probably just another shoe horse that has not discovered styleforum.

Thing is, they're all 11.5s or 12s, which suggests that he's buying them for himself, unless he specializes in selling one size of shoe. Ahyhoo, I found his buying patterns slightly amsuing, so I figured I'd share.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Funny they did not mention Edward Green in the ad.

tsherry

Reaction score
I noticed this, too. I had a snipe in for these, but nowhere near $500! Hope he is satisfied soon. That's my size range and I don't want to get outbid everytime.
frown.gif

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Considering this is the first batch of these, I won't be surprised if prices go very high.

Also, if my experience is any indicator, some folks may have tried to buy these directly from Polo and been unable to. As such, they might be willing to pay the full sale price, or near it.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Portnoy's long lost, size 12 fraternal twin?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Portnoy's long lost, size 12 fraternal twin?

I know nothing.
blush.gif

southgate house

Reaction score
I'm not sure that everyone realizes that GVH doesn't include the lasted shoe trees with RLPL shoes. If you add the $100 to purchase the trees from EG, anything over $400 is more expensive than what you could get at the private sale.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by southgate house
I'm not sure that everyone realizes that GVH doesn't include the lasted shoe trees with RLPL shoes. If you add the $100 to purchase the trees from EG, anything over $400 is more expensive than what you could get at the private sale.

Whilst lasted trees would be very nice, but I can get pretty reasonable wooden shoe trees for 11 usd. That's what I have in my two recent RLPLs and they fit fine.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by southgate house

lasted shoe trees are overrated. nice, but overrated.

that being said, i would stop at $340 anyway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads