1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

GVH experience

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Stu, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

I come in praise of Grapevine Hill. I lost a bid on a pair of dark and light suede tan saddle shoes for summer. But I got a second chance offer. Normally I shy away from those, but this being GVH, I bit. Well end result is I got the shoes for about 25 percent of retail, even though GVH had them for almost $100 more as a BIN on its site. I've never known GVH to do second chance offers, and normally eschew those, but this time i couldn't resist. Also picked up a pair of Woodlore Ultra shoe trees -- the ones with the brass knobs that normally retail for $50 or so -- for $19.

Good scores.

2. summej2

summej2 Senior Member

Yes, I've been rather impressed with them also. I just purchased a pair of Polo Fearsons for $1.90 + shipping as a buy-it-now. I couldn't believe the price until I realized that they had omitted the 6 from $169.00. Though I had expected to cancel the bid given their mistake, they choose to honor the bid and sent me the shoes at what I can only assume was a great loss to them.

3. EL72

EL72 Distinguished Member

Yes, I've been rather impressed with them also. I just purchased a pair of Polo Fearsons for $1.90 + shipping as a buy-it-now. I couldn't believe the price until I realized that they had omitted the 6 from $169.00. Though I had expected to cancel the bid given their mistake, they choose to honor the bid and sent me the shoes at what I can only assume was a great loss to them.

[​IMG] You paid $1.90 for Polo shoes! I think you should donate a portion of the savings to charity (or to SF) [​IMG]