• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Guys with girly dogs....

mafoofan Jr.

Reaction score
Is this a new trend? I'm seeing a lot of guys these days strolling with these teeny dogs the size of puppies at the park.
eh.gif

I wanted to tell them "Dude, get a real dog for a change. Those are your sister's, wife's dogs!" but thought not worth it and continued my jog.

Chiaroscuro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Clint Eastwood recently said were living in a generation of pussies, and he aint lying.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
I know I felt somewhat awkward when walking my then girlfriend's (now wife's) West Highland Terrier. But even that isn't as "girly" as some dogs.

chrome_dout

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan Jr.
Is this a new trend? I'm seeing a lot of guys these days strolling with these teeny dogs the size of puppies at the park.
eh.gif

I wanted to tell them "Dude, get a real dog for a change. Those are your sister's, wife's dogs!" but thought not worth it and continued my jog.

The girly dog could belong to his woman, perhaps he was taking it for a walk while she was cooking/cleaning?
smile.gif

Francis91

Reaction score
My wife and I have a yorkie. I do feel a little gay walking him sometimes but **** what other people think, I love that little guy.

gilwood

Reaction score
I walk my mother's chuhuahua all the time, that little guy is a chick magnet. I got all types of women coming up to me from cougars to high school girls. I even brought him to the NJ shore once in the little carry purse and there were a crowd of chicks around me asking questions.

Girly dogs = Girls (duh)

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chiaroscuro
Clint Eastwood recently said were living in a generation of pussies, and he aint lying.

LOL.
I must agree though.

gilwood

Reaction score
I'm sure clint eastwood would be seen as a wuss compared to how people used to live in the middle ages - lol.

Agnacious

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chiaroscuro

That reminds me of the movies Eastwood use to make that basically consisted of him in a t-shirt beating the crap out of someone. Sometimes he had a pet orangutan. Those were good movies, and I agree with him.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I didn't realize being a ****** actor who always got the same role made someone an authority on what makes a man.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I still want a maltese.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I didn't realize being a ****** actor who always got the same role made someone an authority on what makes a man.

Not sure I agree with the thought, but he is a fantastic director.

Cavalier

Reaction score
I have a tiny (3lb) yorkie to keep me busy all day.

I think big dogs are gross, disruptive and destructive.

Having a small dog works well when living in a metro area. My little girl has a great temperment and is not yappie/disobedient in the least bit. Does not bother me or my roommate at all and we live in a very small loft.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads