Guys wearing chick's jeans...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Oddly Familiar, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

Are you wearing the Brazilian jeans referenced in another thread? [​IMG] Seriously though - I was extremely skinny in school, but I was still able to find jeans in the Men/Boy department that fit. Have things changed that much since I was in high school and college?

2. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Wearing women's pants is a rockstar tradition. I don't think this is a new or powerful trend, and it has no bearing on your sexuality or masculinity. Unless you're wearing women's underwear underneath said pants.

3. Bradford

BEST QUOTE EVER....

Bradford

4. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Uh.. is that the North American Men/Boy Jeans Association?

5. Bradford

(Bradford @ April 26 2005,08:09) Seriously though - I was extremely skinny in school, but I was still able to find jeans in the Men/Boy department that fit.
    Uh.. is that the North American Men/Boy Jeans Association?
    No - it's the North American Men/Boy Levi's Association [​IMG] But enough about my personal life.

6. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Yep. Iggy Pop and Keith Richards both rocked ladies jeans, and I seriously doubt that the tradition is going to end soon. I have a couple pairs of womens jeans that fit me better than most men's jeans.

7. Oddly Familiar

Oddly Familiar Senior member

The main advantage of them is actually fitting. I'm right between a 26 and 28 in men/boys and wear a 2 or 3 in girls. Plus, the aren't baggy. I hate baggy pants. With a passion.

8. Oddly Familiar

I play guitar, does that make me a rock star?

9. StevenRocks

StevenRocks Senior member

With all due respect to Oddly Familiar, I hate threads like this. Â They're always so polarizing. Â Most times someone gets on here and pretends to ask people what they think about girls' jeans on guys when they're almost bragging about it or are convinced that it's the thing to do, which inevitably leads to someone saying they're gay or something, which leads to the inevitable back and forth about why they're so cool and why they're not, and so forth. I'm all for discourse and a good discussion, and I think the subject is certainly interesting, but... For goodness sake, if you like the cut of girls' jeans and want to wear them, by all means wear them. Â Keep in mind that not everyone's going to think your decision is wise and be prepared for whatever comes without becoming defensive. End of story. Â Sorry to rant.

10. Oddly Familiar

Haha, I honestly didn't come here to do that, but if you want to beleive that then by all means do. I was just stating my opinion on the matter. I was curious to see other guys opinions about the topic.

11. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Policy is gone, so gay this effeminate that aren't going to be an issue on this one [​IMG]

12. Charles Rogers

Charles Rogers Senior member

Can we keep talking about NAMBLA though?

13. Panzeraxe

Panzeraxe Senior member

Good point - btw, I think its pretty weird that you do this, but then again its your choice. Panzer

14. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

I agree, but whatever floats your boat. I must ask to those who wear girls jeans, when your buying girls jeans do you get weird looks at the store when your trying them on? Just curious.

15. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Depends on where you're going. A lot of people don't watch you take the item from the shelf over to the dressing room, and if they do, they usually don't mind. I think most people assume you're buying for someone else. Whenever I buy girl jeans I always get asked if I want a gift receipt [​IMG]