• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Guys wear women's jeans, WTH?

Perdogg

Reaction score
I was at Nordstroms reack today and I bought a pair of persol sunglasses for $25 and I decided to check out a pair jeans (mens jeans that is) because the sales lady was attractive and I figure I could at least flirt with her. Well I discovered something new about Lucky jeans, that I did not need to hem them, just get the one of the four lengths that was appropiate.

Then this guy started to talk to her about whether he should try to one a pair of women's jeans. I don't care about people's persuations, but how can a guy wear a pair of women's jeans? The hips are different let alone the main equipment. I find it odd. I am not shocked or surprised, I live in the DC-Metro area. Why would a guy consider it. btw, I am not making fun of anyone I am just wondering.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Perdogg
I was at Nordstroms reack today and I bought a pair of persol sunglasses for $25 and I decided to check out a pair jeans (mens jeans that is) because the sales lady was attractive and I figure I could at least flirt with her. Well I discovered somehting new about Lucky jeans, that I did not need to hem them, just get the one of the four lengths that was appropiate.

Then this guy started to talk to her about whether he should try to one a pair of women's jeans. I don't care about people's persuations, but how can a guy wear a pair of women's jeans? The hips are different let alone the main equipment. I find it odd. I am not shocked or surprised, I live in the DC-Metro area. Why would a guy consider it. btw, I am not making fun of anyone I am just wondering.

Luckys are usually ugly. I hate it when people go out of their way to flirt with minimum wage service industry people, obnoxious type behavior directed at a captive audience. Actually, you can cut out that whole first paragraph.

And it's "persuasions".

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
part of any sales job is flirting with customers.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
part of any sales job is flirting with customers.

Sure, I mean I definitely did that when I was doing retail this summer; it's still kind of a dick move to take advantage of it imo, especially if you're not going to buy anything.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
Sure, I mean I definitely did that when I was doing retail this summer; it's still kind of a dick move to take advantage of it imo, especially if you're not going to buy anything.

This is probably the most action a lot of fellers see. Kinda like the one budy at a strip club that thinks the stripper wants him. "dude shes totally flirting with me!" yep. You, and the 67 other guys with a dollar bill thats been in today.

kwoyeu

Reaction score
completely off-topic but this has to be the 16th time i've seen M_R tryin to correct someone's spelling/grammar LOL

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
I just find it strange that this phenomenon appears to just now be making it's way to SF. Seriously guys, dudes in the "hardcore" scene have been doing this at least since I was in high school.

yoyodunno

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
Luckys are usually ugly. I hate it when people go out of their way to flirt with minimum wage service industry people, obnoxious type behavior directed at a captive audience. Actually, you can cut out that whole first paragraph.

And it's "persuasions".

Ur a bigger dick than op, but ******* is bigger, come at me bro

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Dude you're like 5 years late on this. Scene kids have been wearing women's jeans forever. Now that slim fit is so prevalent everywhere I don't see the point, though.

exactly ... this has been around even longer than 5 years. i wore girl jeans in high school when i plaid bass for a small indie band. back then A&F and American Eagle were in full spring and there was no good option for skinny guys who needed jeans. scene kids, rock star wannabes ...

but now there are enough skinny options for men. also lots of popular cuts are unisex ... prime example apc ns & ps and rrl slim fit

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yoyodunno
Ur a bigger dick than op, but ******* is bigger, come at me bro

TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT HORSE DOGG MANIAC

Originally Posted by kwoyeu
completely off-topic but this has to be the 16th time i've seen M_R tryin to correct someone's spelling/grammar LOL

You're right, it's a pretty douchey tic, gonna try to dial it down a little

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads