Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. chrisefi

chrisefi Senior member

I'm a big fan of the Levi's 510. Anything that is skinny all the way through instead of tapering down to the knee-down. Skinny in the thighs. A skinny fit grey silk would put me into bankruptcy.

My naturals, rainbow nep and blackxblack - all 3 of those I would purchase again instantly in a skinny fit, as well.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014

2. davidw25

davidw25 Senior member

Rather than a skinny fit I would prefer a slim straight. Fit to the knee like the straight then taper below the knee.

3. ttim

ttim New Member

I guess a real skinny fit wouldn't work well with the other two fits. In my oppinion something like what Acne calls slim fit with their Max jeans would be a good addition.

4. who8mahrice

who8mahrice Senior member

Acne Max cut would be great. Those are probably my favorite fitting pair of jeans. Slim top block, with a good taper. In terms of actual numbers, and I know it's extremely variable per person, but I like a 6.5"-7" leg opening on a size 29/30.

5. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

@joshgustin was the sweatshirt scrapped?

6. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

x1000

I know this is a pretty basic alteration but every tailor I've ever used looks at me like I'm from another planet when I bring in casual pants with picky tapering requests, especially when raw denim is involved. I'm sick of it. :embar:

7. Rene_Lahm

Rene_Lahm Senior member

Kinda glad that the slub just backed, i really didn't need to drop that money right now. Would definitely back it when it returns. Should I expect to see that again in a few weeks or so @joshgustin ?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014

8. Tsujigiri

Tsujigiri Senior member

My first Gustin order just got backed, the plant indigo dyed one. I'm excited about this company; I have a friend who buys jeans from them and raves about their product. I'm only ordering one pair, though, because on the off chance that I ordered the wrong size I don't want to end up with a bunch of jeans that don't fit. Once I get my pair and confirm that it fits, though, I see more Gustin in my future. These will be my first pair of selvedge raw denim jeans unless I snag a pair of OTR jeans before these ship, so I'm pretty stoked.

9. brillopad

brillopad Senior member

Yeah, I think a lot of people would appreciate something like this, since it's been a request from the very beginning. For me personally, I would like to see something a bit slimmer in the thighs with a mild taper below the knee. Something like the APC NS, but with the higher rise that Gustin already has. I tried the Gustin slim fit and it did not work at all for me. Still way roomy on the top and sharply tapered below the knee. Looked odd.

10. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Did anyone get their trucker jackets yet? I keep getting updates on mine and I know mine wasn't the first batch so I was just curious if we got any fit pics.

11. davidw25

davidw25 Senior member

Based on the email, seems like they will ship Tuesday for the first orders.

12. dapperdoctor

dapperdoctor Senior member

I have been looking for a brand of raws with a normal rise. It seems that the straight fit might fit the bill nicely. Thanks Gustin.

13. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

Does the blue oxford run big or what? I'm an xs with 33" chest and the xs blue oxford has 39" chest :/

14. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Senior member

Well, in all fairness...your chest measurement is exceptionally unique. They have to cater to the highest common denominator with their sizing.

15. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have to add my vote to the idea of more taper in the straight below the knee (so what I would think of as a "slim"). I'm good with the top block.

So, on a 32, the cuff opening which is now 17 inch in the straight would be reduced to 16 (so in between straight and slim as it currently is configured). I can live with the current configuration, but the bottom has a tendency to flare out more than I would like sometimes, due in part to the extra fabric and the current stiffness of the denim (I think).