Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. green_machine

green_machine Senior member

I'll just quote what you said:

J crew shirts do not have consistent sizing through their runs. I have XL, L, and M sized shirts in jcrew that fit me the same. So how would that help you?

The best you can do is get one of these:

[​IMG]

and go here:

https://www.weargustin.com/fitguide#shirts

2. Hobbs32Reg

Hobbs32Reg Member

I too found my Super Lights a bit looser than any of the denim I have at 13 oz. and above. I'd say the lighter the denim the more give you'll get from it.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  3. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

There are other brands that have more consistent fitting such as Brooks Brothers 346 slim fit. It's a valid question that I would be interested in hearing the answer to myself.

4. BernieIsMyCat

BernieIsMyCat Senior member

I have 3 pairs of sanforized Gustins. They arrived with all measurements within 1/2" of the fit guide.

I am also size 30. I have both straight and slim fit. i found that all my jeans stretched 1" in the waist resulting in a 31.5" waist. So if you are 31.25, it sounds like 30 slim is the right size for you. Just have some patience as your jeans stretch out during break in.

Edit: whoops I meant sanforized

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  5. flatspotting

flatspotting Senior member

They only made 1 unsanforized pair... the loomstate, you bought 3 of the same denim?

6. BernieIsMyCat

BernieIsMyCat Senior member

Whoops I meant 3 pair of sanforized. I also do have one pair of Loomstates. The arrived with measurements similar to one smaller than tag size, just as Gustin's description said they would.

7. flatspotting

flatspotting Senior member

Ahh makes more sense :p

And yeah I have loomstates and Fourteneers and both were very close to measurements on the site.

8. rawrz

rawrz Well-Known Member

Medium slim jcrew ocbd = medium Gustin

The Gustin has shorter scoops and is slimmer in the neck, body and arms....after shrinking the jcrew shirt.

9. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I wear an M in WvG before dinner (I can do an L), an L in Epaulet, an M tall in J Crew (although the body is a little long), an L in BoO, an M in Gant Rugger and Gant MB, and I take an L in Gustin and get the box pleat sewn down. It's still a little boxy in the body, so I may take the couple of flannels I have back to the tailor to have back darts added. The shoulders fit well, and I'm pretty sure the sleeves would be too short on an M. I'm 6'1" and around 160.

10. iotan

iotan Senior member

I wear Large in Gustin shirts and typically find the following size-brand combinations work for me:

• Medium in Gitman Vintage
    • Large in WvG Before Dinner and Medium in WvG After Dinner (AD fits better for me)
    • Medium in J. Crew (although there is a decent amount of variety over the years, I would say current Mediums at J Crew fit me well or are a bit big, while I have found ones from a few years ago to be a bit more loose)
    • Medium in RRL (although there is a lot of variance here, as medium flannels and chambrays tend to fit me but be a bit loose and long, while some other random RRL button ups have required me to size up to an L)

I would say that I have found Large in Gustin to be closest in fit to the normal Medium in Gitman Vintage (every so often they have some shirts that fit radically different). However, what works for each person is driven heavily by body type. I am a pretty average american (i.e., I could stand to lose a few pounds), so I cannot go as slim or tailored as I would prefer or as a lot of people on this site would do. E.g., if I was a bit slimmer, I could probably size down in a few of the brands above, so depending on your body type, you may not experience the same sizing equivalency.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  11. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Thanks guys! That is super helpful. I appreciate it

12. lbrig

lbrig Senior member

Hold off if you're tall. I usually take L slim in J Crew and L with sides taken in in Gitman. The side scoops on a Gustin L are high-- well above my belt line. They may be coming with a tall fit down the line though. The shoulders, sleeves, and body were good, though the armholes felt way higher than any L shirt I've ever worn.

13. brillopad

brillopad Senior member

I agree. I'm not particularly tall, but my Gustin shirt is the shortest I own. I'm 5'9" and have one of their smalls - it's very trim and short.

14. ryanpusc

ryanpusc New Member

@joshgustin when will the light lefthand be back (and/or khakis [​IMG]). I'm already ready for some warm weather denim.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  15. Davem6467

Davem6467 New Member

Does anyone have any pics and/or experience with the white OCBD from Gustin? I am wondering if it is formal enough to wear with a tie or if it is more a casual shirt. Thanks!