1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. BolognaFingers

BolognaFingers Senior member

I just got the 33 inch straight black/blue gustins. I'm afraid they are not the right size at all! They're not only tight around the waist, but throughout the whole upper area, basically my crotch, where the rise is. This is not going to stretch a whole lot, right?

2. CafeRacer99

CafeRacer99 Well-Known Member

Mine felt very snug throught the whole seat and thighs and stretched out to be very comfortable now. Give it a few days.

3. BernieIsMyCat

BernieIsMyCat Senior member

Quote: I had the same problem when I first tried Gustin. I was used to higher rise jeans (501 STFs) and I kept trying to hike my Gustins up too high.

Try wearing your jeans lower on your hips. That will make more room in the crotch. It gets easier to do that as the waist and hips stretch out. This helped me.

If you were able to do up the buttons on the first try, you most likely have the correct size, and you shouldn't size up unless you like your jeans really loose.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. andy b.

andy b. Senior member

I did what BMC said, and it makes a huge difference. I was trying to hike 10" rise jeans up to the place on my waist 11" rise would normally sit. That doesn't work out too well. :lol:

To BolognaFingers, the upper area (top block or whatever the technical name is) will stretch out some over the first 6 or 7 wears. If you only tried the jeans on for a few hours, they will definitely stretch more. Only you know how tight or loose you want them to fit though. I personally don't like my pants to be real tight, so if I can button all the buttons initially, without crushing my body parts, they seem to fit okay after a few days wear.

5. Usonian

Usonian Senior member

Any thoughts on those 26 oz-ers?

I've never owned a pair of pants anywhere near that heavy, what makes them so spectacular, and why should I buy them?

I saw some pictures of some dudes 32 oz N&Fs and they looked fantastic, so I guess super heavy denim's got that going for it.

6. CPaul

CPaul Senior member

Mostly hype. I bought some unbranded 21 oz and they were a bitch to break in. They're definitely cool but I don't understand the craze for them if you're just wearing them casually

7. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Well, the 26oz is possibly hype, but heavyweight isn't just hype necessarily. Heavier weight denims have a couple things going for them that I particularly love. First off, when they break in they almost feel like sweatpants most of the time. Also, they hold onto their creases really well, even when you're not wearing them, so that you get a real depth to the pair as well. But it all depends on where you're living. If I lived in Florida, I would never ever wear anything like these 26 oz. But up in New York, right now I'd love the extra 8oz of denim over my 18 oz.

I'm definitely buying, since this denim isn't just ultra-heavy, but also looks like it has a nice dark indigo color, a nice no-show-through weft (my 18oz show through isn't my favorite) and a non-slubby appearance.

1 person likes this.
  8. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior member

When will the 26oz be online?

9. joshgustin

joshgustin Senior member Affiliate Vendor

10am PST

10. univibe88

univibe88 Senior member

After seeing Gustin on my Facebook ads a lot recently, I clicked on the ad to check it out. I love the business model and I plunked down on the Zimbabwe yesterday. Just my luck the funding completed today! I'm lucky that the weight of my first pair won't be too long! I can't wait!!

11. univibe88

univibe88 Senior member

Wow...gone already. Glad I jumped in!

12. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Yup, I got my pair. I've been wanting a pair of ultra heavy (23oz or more) for a while, and had been hoping on those 32oz but wasn't expecting this. Perfect.

13. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior member

Wow I checked a couple minutes late and its already sold... Oh well

14. thejrob

thejrob Member

Damn that went fast...

Another mini-run?

15. dpak09

dpak09 Active Member

That red...wish they bring it back!

16. who8mahrice

who8mahrice Senior member

$200 for 26 ounces is crazy cheap. N&F 25 ounces retail for $500. IH 23oz is around there too. Wish I checked this thread earlier to get in on it.

17. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

Excepted people living in Alaska, who needs a 26 or a 32oz pair of denim?

1 person likes this.
  18. althanis

althanis Senior member

"Stop liking what I don't like!"

1 person likes this.
  19. Oldguy

Oldguy Senior member

I have been checking the Gustin webpage every morning for a heavy pair.

How did this come and go so quickly??

20. dpak09

dpak09 Active Member

Gotta sign up for their email updates!