Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Two more from my trip this past weekend.

And wow, the featherweight Japans are so buttery soft. I think they would make a great alternative to sweatpants. That's how soft they are. My only concern with them is they are so soft, I'm not sure how durable they will be. Already seeing some signs of wear after two wears. I wore these on one 6+ hour flight and one 7+ hour flight. Highly recommend, except for the durability issue. Here's a picture from yesterday.

Also took receipt of the waxed canvas tote in olive on Friday. More pictures and review to come, but it feels pretty solid.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017

2. Churchill W

OK, have used the waxed canvas tote a few times already and here's what I found.

Love the waxed canvas, feels real durable and looking forward to patina, but also don't want the wax to rub away.

The leather on it is nice and thick. Maybe as thick as Filson leather straps. They could be a little longer though and may be tough to carry on should if the tote is packed. I wish there were shorter straps for hand carry and longer ones for shoulder carry. Leather key lanyard is niice, but I never use them.

Lots of pockets and slots on the inside. One sleeve for laptop/documents. Two bigger pockets that can hold a phone or external hard drive and two pen pockets, that are a little narrow, i.e., a thick fountain pen will probably not fit, but Bics or similar sized pens should have no issue.

Onto pictures:

3. crossfi73

crossfi73 Senior member

I'll be honest, your pictures/review make the bag seem more appealing than Gustin's listing. Appreciate the thoughts!

Only thing that stops me is I don't know what I would realistically use it for. It seems a little too casual for my work environment but too much to bring with me to the gym/sports etc.

4. Churchill W

Thanks. it's a really solid feeling bag.

If you can't think of use for it, you probably don't need it!

It might be the perfect size for the gym though. If the split side pockets on the wider part of the bag were a little larger you could probably even fit a sneaker in each. Though, as it is, you could probably only fit a pair of Chuck Taylors in those.

5. Churchill W

Received two items yesterday, Horween CXL #8 Belt] and the Navy Sweatshorts

I went against my instinct and went a size up in the belt and regret it now. With typical wear on a pair of jeans I can get it into the tightest or second tightest hole. I emailed Gustin about exchanging it, but it looks like they are out of or never had the smaller size. Debating whether I should keep it or return it and back again next time. My measurements show the size 32 belt measure out to 32" from the middle hole to the end of the leather rather than the middle of the buckle. My\ biggest concern is the belt stretching and being too big. Otherwise, I do like it. It did have a heavy smell when I pulled it out that I haven't experienced with any of my other CXL.

Next up is the Navysweatshorts. Glad I went with the smaller size. Fits slim and need to squeeze a little to get into the waistband, but once it's on it's fine. I think it's made from the same material as the sweatshirt, which I on't love, but if you do like Gustin's sweatshirt material, you should be happy with. I will be keeping these.

6. avidtest

avidtest Well-Known Member

super easy and inexpensive to have a local cobbler adjust the belt a tad smaller.

7. Churchill W

Maybe not at NY prices. I bought an Apolis luggage tag I knew had a broken snap. . Initial layout $7.33. It cost $16 to get the snap fixed, total spent $23.33. Total cost new without shipping: $24...

8. alkydrinker

alkydrinker Well-Known Member

Watching TV tonight and noticed that a Gustin shirt is worn in a Subaru commerical. I actually had this shirt (although sold it on eBay).

It's the green plaid, flannel shirt that first appears at about 1:05 and the guy wears it until the end of the ad.

9. Churchill W

Looks like he got himself some selvedge jeans too!