Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

My superlights are awesome when it's in the 50s, which is much of the fall and spring. Then, I do run a bit warm-blooded.

2. policecar

policecar Active Member

Does anyone have the olive canvas backpack they would like to sell?

3. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Feelin' the totes that just dropped. Backed the green. Shipping is pretty expensive on it though, $15...

For people that have bought bags before, is that normal?

4. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

I jumped in on the Japan Olive - actually kinda excited about them...

5. MetManChris

MetManChris Well-Known Member

Sample shoe sale is back. I strongly recommend for anyone that fits any of the sizes. I got 2 pair from them last time, and both were nearly immaculate. For half the price, can't beat it!

6. ErikW

ErikW Senior member

Where is the sample sale? I don't see anything posted on their social media channels about it?

7. crossfi73

crossfi73 Senior member

I assume it's local only? Wish I could look around, been wanting a pair of high tops. I wonder if they'd do a sale over email.

8. MetManChris

MetManChris Well-Known Member

It's on the page for in stock items. Do you not see it? It's def not a local only thing...

9. TheRiblet

TheRiblet Well-Known Member

The crowdfunding thing is genius. Make the sizes different from pretty much any other manufacturer and charge about half the price of some of the more expensive retailers but the customers have to buy 3-4 pairs to find out which size/cut works best for them. Customer feels like they are getting a bargain, while Gustin is probably making $300-400+ on customers just trying to figure out which size/cut works for them. Yeah, you can send them back but customers are much more likely to try to make a product work if they have already waited 3 months to try it on. I tried Gustin because I didn't want to spend $200-300 on a pair of jeans and look at me now lol

10. Churchill W

Not sure how many other people had the same experience as you, but I didn't really have sizing issues and sent back the one thing that didn't fit.

11. crossfi73

crossfi73 Senior member

Agreed. I first started ordering from them a couple of a years ago and I just ordered multiple sizes and returned the ones that did not work. Of course this left me with some credit to spend, so I guess it requires that you like the general offerings of the brand and are not just trying to buy one single thing.

I ended up rolling most of my credit into the L1 jacket FWIW.

12. Churchill W

For the shirts, I actually picked up something from eBay to test the fit, that way my first order from Gustin would be something that I really liked and would have the patience for.

13. ReubenR

ReubenR Senior member

I just buy from sweat shirts from the stock store and tees from the grab bag myself. I'm not too picky on the tees anyway and it's kinda fun not knowing what I'm going to get. It's been interesting watching the price changes on the shortsleeved tee grab bag too, went from $6 with free shipping to $13 with free shipping and now they're temporarily marked down to $6 but shipping's been added for $3.

Unrelated note, did anyone buy these hot pink chambray jeans? I'm dying to see a fit of those bad boys.

14. Churchill W

Wow when I saw that sample, I automatically assumed that was a swatch for a shirt.Those must be some bold jeans.