1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. davidw25

davidw25 Senior member

Based on the email, seems like they will ship Tuesday for the first orders.

2. dapperdoctor

dapperdoctor Senior member

I have been looking for a brand of raws with a normal rise. It seems that the straight fit might fit the bill nicely. Thanks Gustin.

3. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

Does the blue oxford run big or what? I'm an xs with 33" chest and the xs blue oxford has 39" chest :/

4. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Senior member

Well, in all fairness...your chest measurement is exceptionally unique. They have to cater to the highest common denominator with their sizing.

5. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have to add my vote to the idea of more taper in the straight below the knee (so what I would think of as a "slim"). I'm good with the top block.

So, on a 32, the cuff opening which is now 17 inch in the straight would be reduced to 16 (so in between straight and slim as it currently is configured). I can live with the current configuration, but the bottom has a tendency to flare out more than I would like sometimes, due in part to the extra fabric and the current stiffness of the denim (I think).

1 person likes this.
  6. bertie

bertie Senior member

I"ve got the straight and it's the best fitting jean I own but it's just too wide at the bottom. I've now ordered the slim to see if the taper works better below the knee. I really like the rise on the straight though. If Gustin could even take an inch out of the straight bottom opening....

1 person likes this.
  7. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

If they took the average between the straight and skinny below the knee, that would be great (Gustin...you there?).

Edit: Freudian slip--"between straight and slim below the knee"

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  8. davidw25

davidw25 Senior member

To me a mid point between the slim and the straight would be a better seller than a true skinny jean which they hinted at a while back.

9. joshgustin

joshgustin Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Not sure. That was not a production fabric so it may never return. We'll keep an eye out.

10. ryosuke

ryosuke Senior member

I like to add my vote in for a more tapered fit below the knee. The top block on my 30 slims are not bad, but the leg opening is a bit too wide for me. A 6.5 or 6.75 inch opening would work better.

A skinny fit wouldn't appeal to me, just cause I've never found a skinny fit in any brand that would work for me. My thighs are too big from squatting and running.

1 person likes this.
  11. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Yup, add me to the long list.

12. BernieIsMyCat

BernieIsMyCat Senior member

Josh, ask Stephen to post this question on Reddit /r/rawdenim. There have been a lot of complaints on /r/rawdenim about Gustin's slim fit not being slim enough.

The current slim fit fits me perfectly in the calves, so I wouldn't want the lower leg to be any narrower. But I have small thighs and ass, so I would like a jean that is about one size slimmer above the knee.

Thanks for asking!

1 person likes this.
  13. chrisefi

chrisefi Senior member

Boom. This is exactly what I'm looking for. Tighter in the thighs and butt, same fit around the calves.

I'd also say that the crotch seam is a little tight, for the thighs being fairly loose-fit.

14. denbo

denbo Active Member

Someone else from Europe or especially Germany had "problems" with customs clearance because of missing invoice on the outside?

15. OlafG

OlafG Senior member

Yeah. Not in Germany, but in Poland. Had to e-mail the invoice to the customs office.

16. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

@joshgustin N&F Super Skinny Guy.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  17. Ds13

Ds13 Senior member

I know it's been said before, but can you guys give a higher rise for your slim cuts (about an inch). People keep saying you get used to it, but damn it gets really uncomfortable, especially when sitting. I would not hesitate to invest in a couple more pairs if that change were to happen.

Keep making great denim at great prices!

thanks guys!

2 people like this.
  18. elimmie

elimmie Well-Known Member

I had to show German customs the credit card bill, a Gustin denim order printout. No problem at all.
    But if Gustin would add a "real invoice" to the package I wouldn't have to drive to German customs. But driving the is no big deal for me.

19. Zeemon

Zeemon Senior member

--

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  20. LaymanX

LaymanX Senior member

Backed the Navy gingham shirt. From most reports, it looks like the sleeves are too long for most people. Still, will give them a shot.

Btw - Kind of new to the whole Gustin thing. Is there a blog/site that details what's coming down the pipeline?