1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. w1ckermann

w1ckermann Member

Hello everyone, what an amazing forum. You are dapper dressers proving daily that taste isn't about expense or trends.

I received my first pair of raw denim three days ago, a stock order of Gustin's "Greensboros"#68 in 33 slim. In most respects they fit like a glove, with some pressure on the waist that's easing up already. However, when I'm sitting or lifting a knee to walk up stairs, there is a more uncompromising pressure on my crotch, right on the cojones. I'm diligently doing half-splits and squats and taking long walks in them, but I'm starting to suspect the problem is more about the low rise. I'm aware they're meant to be worn below the hips, but you can only go so far before restricting movement. I'm 6'1" 170lbs and as someone who runs and does leg presses I have an average to substantial rear. So maybe the problem is the back rise? Regardless, it's sad because the rise doesn't change much when you go up a size.

Does anyone else have the same issue with Gustin jeans? Do you think they'll stretch out any more? Sometimes I feel like it's worth the occasional pinch, other times my right teste is trapped between two creases and begs on behalf of my unborn children to relent.

2. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Maybe you should have bought straight fit instead of slim? It's possible their patterns might not just work for you.

Boo, is the site no longer hosting pictures?

w1ckermann likes this.
  3. w1ckermann

w1ckermann Member

Hey thanks for the response, and I love what you did with that last outfit by the way.
    I tried the straight fit and it was perfect in the waist but 90s skater boy from there down. You're probably right, gustin denim may not be for me and it makes me sad. It was so close! I'll have to console myself with their footwear. Very excited for the horween CXL natural high tops I backed. Also I've been taking nature walks in those brown guide boots for weeks, they're comfortable and looking even better with wear.

4. Churchill W

Not perfect for me either. Almost all of my bottoms are straight fit tapered from knee down.

w1ckermann likes this.
  5. Usonian

Usonian Senior member

This actually is what I do as well, and it's the best possible fit I've found on denim. the slims are too weird and low rise.

gustin, taper the damn straight fit, we don't need the skinny fit, we need the straight tapered fit.

Churchill W and w1ckermann like this.
  6. Viral

Viral Senior member

any interest in BNIB white low top sneakers (CP Achilles replica) in sz US 7/40?

PM me!

7. Churchill W

8. John Davies

John Davies New Member

Have you guys heard of One Denim before – www.onedenim.com? They have a similar ethos to WearGustin, selling directly to the consumer at low prices, but without the pre-ordering. I am looking to purchase my first pair of raw Japanese selvedge and was wondering if any of you have tried them before?

Thanks

9. Usonian

Usonian Senior member

I would never ever in eternity buy something from a company that also offers embroidered jeans. If that's of any assistance in your decision making, thinking about that... you know... embroidered jeans...

on the other hand, the sexual implication of jeans that have two embroidered snakes whose gaze is permanently affixed on my dong is appealing. So they've got that going for them, which is nice.

Fueco and LatAm like this.
  10. Churchill W

This seems like the only similarity. I'd probably shop elsewhere. How much does raw/selvedge denim usually go for in the UK? Let's reference Uniqlo just to give us an idea.

11. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

Can someone tell me about the shirts? I am looking for some light weight casual shirts for the summer (long sleeve which I can roll up).

I mostly wear band of outsiders in medium, and they just fit perfectly, but the brand died, and resurrected like shit - so I am not interested in that brand anymore, anyway I haven't bought any new shirts in a while - are these short enough to be worn casually?

12. John Davies

John Davies New Member

Haha, i wouldn't wear embroidered denim either, but they do a lot offer normal styles too. The jeans seem to be high quality at reasonable prices and since i have never bought a pair of Japanese selvedge i don't want to spend too much yet. The problem with Gustin is I have to wait so long before receiving them and if they don't fit, I am kind of stuck with them. Can you recommend anywhere else to buy high quality selvedge at a reasonable price?

13. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Shouldn't this discussion be held elsewhere?

ReubenR likes this.
  14. kopo

kopo Well-Known Member

Gustin's stated Return Policy doesn't match their practice. They take back just about anything in resaleable condition. If measurements don't match specs, which is often, they even pay for return shipping.

15. Churchill W

If I didn't already have a pair of linen chambray chinos. The Gustin ones do look slubbier though.

16. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I'm digging my new Cone Stretch jeans. Today is the first wear. Nearly perfect fit, and will only get better as I lose more weight.

IMG_6863.JPG