1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Better, but your shell still outshines the Gustin stuff.

1 person likes this.
  2. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

LoL. I don't know what to do about that! I can put on my running shoes for my Gustin pics. ;-)

3. pima1234

pima1234 Senior member

4. Lancaster

Lancaster Senior member

Howdy all. I have a question about sizing. How much stretch in the waist have you experienced? For details, I am generally a true 33, and will likely be 32 in a few weeks, if all goes well with the diet. I picked up a 33 from Gustin that fits perfectly in the waist and slightly snug below the waist but I am concerned about stretching. If I size down to a 32 I am concerned that as I shrink and the jeans grow, we will miss each other. If a 31, I might not shrink enough to meet the jeans halfway.

5. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

Why not just avoid the trouble by 1) getting to your target weight and 2) deciding from there?

IME, stretching was minimal on my Gustin denim.

6. Lancaster

Lancaster Senior member

@JilSlanderbthat is certainly an option. However, I like buying clothing and I want to wear denim (never mind that with Gustin I'll have to wait a while). If you don't mind airing out your laundry here, how often do you wash and what method do you use?

7. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

Stretch depends on the denim used -- some will stretch more than others.

My best suggestion would be to buy for your current size/measurements and wear the jeans with a belt. That way stretching at the waist will be minimal and any stretching elsewhere should help it fit your body better dependent on the way your body moves.

8. Lancaster

Lancaster Senior member

9. Todd Shelton

Todd Shelton Member

I think you'll stretch the waist between 1/2" and 1" after a few days of wearing them. The seat area also stretches because this area gets more stress than any other part of the jean. When you wash them, they're go back to their original size - then the stretch process starts all over. If you're losing weight, I think those 33's are going to be too big. But keep in mind that when you size down in waist, the seat and thighs get smaller too (you mentioned they were tight just below the waist).

10. edmundrz

edmundrz Member

According to the measurements on the website I bought a 31 straight. It was very tight in the hips, Gustin jeans are very, very tight in the hips or top block area. Tight enough its very difficult to get your hands in the front pocket for anything.

So I bought a 32 straight next time and it fit better, especially because it was a superlight so it stretched more.

If I but again Im going 33 and will tailor the area from the knee down to be a little more slim.

I would advise going up in size unless you are very thin. If you have any butt or thighs, go up a size or two.

11. Lancaster

Lancaster Senior member

@Todd Shelton@edmundrz thanks

12. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

For guys who backed the previous runs of Cone Natural Indigos, what's your thought on those? Considering to back the recent run. Thanks!

13. bbconair

bbconair Senior member

Just received the rainbow chambray.

https://www.weargustin.com/store/1159

unfortunately, the shirt is much thinner than i was expecting. or thinner than chambrays that i'm typically used to.

the shirt would require an undershirt, which kind of defeats the purpose of a casual shirt - anyone else having this issue as well? i think the shirt would be great with an undershirt, but i don't typically wear undershirts with casual dress shirts.

is there a reason that rainbow neps are made with chambray rather than some heavier cloth? or is chambray the only cloth that this is possible.

thanks!

14. Lancaster

Lancaster Senior member

Nice looking shirt. Too bad it's too thin.

15. Lancaster

Lancaster Senior member

Just saw the Gustin jacket. Looks really nice. Anyone have an idea of interlineings? Is there one? Is it fused? I would hope there isn't as the material looks heavy and has enough strucutre at 12 oz.

16. Churchill W

I pretty much wear understhirts for almost everything except for t-shirts and henleys and even then I wear understhirts for the latter sometimes too.

17. suuteebird

suuteebird Active Member

Agree. The shirt is much thinner than others I have received allegedly of the same weight.

18. bbconair

bbconair Senior member

edit: the shirt would look fine with an undershirt. not great, as the undershirt silhouette would be very pronounced.

19. duff406

duff406 Senior member

I was pretty excited about the blazers too, could fill a nice spot in my very casual wardrobe. But unless I'm missing something, those measurements are crazy. I'm about a 42 in most jackets, and all the ones I currently have measure 19" across the shoulders. The Large in the Gustin only goes 17.5"? And the XXL only goes to 18.5"? Plus, the length would barely hit my belt line. Am I crazy or are they cut kinda strange?

20. Churchill W

Definitely short just looking at the pictures, but that does seem on trend.