Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Senior member

I got my first four hemmed (heavy americans, heavy japans, 1776, and the dark) which left room enough for 2 rolls. I'm going to see how they turn out before I consider hemming the remaining ones prior to washing. I just got used to the number of rolls haha

2. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

@joshgustin, can you speak to whether the Japan umber has an olive tone to it? The description just says it has a yellow-ish cast, and I can't tell if it's just my monitor making it look a little olive.

[​IMG]

https://www.weargustin.com/store/400

3. Kwaker

Kwaker Senior member

Gustin should consider using the same lighting for detailing their fabric swatches.
    It amazes me how different that wooden surface appears under different lighting conditions.

4. joshgustin

joshgustin Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Not a ton of green in there. More browns with slight yellow as compared to the Raw Umber.

5. joshgustin

joshgustin Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Just a note on what's going on with the wood color. We correct the fabric swatch only to get it as close to the true color as we can. We don't adjust the wood at all so that's why you see differences there.

6. chris45

chris45 Senior member

So of the listed chain stitch hemming groups, which one does everyone prefer (Railcar, Blue Owl, Self Edge)? They all appear to be $25 for the chain stitch service .. Railcar seems to offer a few more repair/hemming services..

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Railcar. I believe Blue Owl and Selff Edge only offer chain stitch services for jeans purchased from them.

8. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Thanks!

9. markenki

markenki Member

For $25, Blue Owl will chain stitch jeans bought elsewhere. They chain stitch jeans bought from them for free.

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Ah, ok. Jay is awesome and would recommend Blue Owl then. I have done a few pairs with Railcar and may use Blue Owl in the future

11. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

Backed the olive jacket -- been looking for something in that color and couldn't resits. Hopefully it fits.

12. chris45

chris45 Senior member

@rydenfan @markenki Thanks! Blue Owl it is when they arrive... now to still try to wait patiently..

13. davekay

davekay New Member

Those looking into chainstitching - you are all forgetting AB Fits in San Francisco. They actually give a discount when hemming Gustins (I think it's $10 a pair). I've sent 2 of my jeans to get hemmed there, but I've been slacking on sending the rest. Check em out and give them a call or shoot an e-mail if you have any questions.

14. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

To Josh/anyone from Gustin: If you are running back to back campaigns for the same product/fabric, do you wait for both campaigns to finish before starting production? Or do you put the first in the queue as soon as it gets full backing?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014

15. 2eleven

2eleven Member

I would like to suggest what I feel is an improvement over the simple wallet. I'm doing this selfishly because this wallet is no longer made, so I need someone else to make it for me. It's my favorite wallet, and I think it is the perfect design.

I've been using "simple wallets" for about 20 years. I started with the Coach one that is similar to the Gustin one. That one is still sold today, but it's made in China. (20 years ago Coach pretty much only sold brown and black leather and made it all in New York. Sadly, today's Coach is a completely different company.) About 10 years ago, I switched to the wallet design shown below. It is also a Coach design, but they no longer make it. The best way to describe it is that it works like trappers and trapper keepers (remember from the 5th grade?). It has two pockets which face each other when open, and when closed, all contents are captive. The advantages over the Gustin simple wallet design (and my original Coach simple wallet) are that the contents cannot fall out, and it allows you to fit more plastic if you desire (I carry my visa, drivers license, atm and insurance cards). It does that without adding much, if any, extra bulk. Bills are tri-folded.

Anyway, here are some photos. If Gustin can't make this for me, I'm going to find a local leather craftsman to do it. So no worries Gustin, but I thought I'd give you first crack at it. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]