1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. BenLeaman

BenLeaman Senior member

I'll measure in the morning. I think I'm only a little bit larger, maybe 7 3/8 in New Era fitteds.
    It fit pretty well right off the start. It stretched out a tiny bit when I first put it on and was comfortable ever since.

2. mountainman3520

mountainman3520 Senior member

I like the polos except for the pocket. I generally prefer no pockets on my shirts. I often tolerate them on a button up shirt because its difficult to avoid without custom ordering. Double pockets on a flannel or workshirt are okay.

Definitely not on t-shirts or polos. Seems like the first Gustin polos should have been without pocket as that is the standard style.

3. JR Magat

JR Magat Senior member

where is the polo sneak peek? i didn't notice it on IG. The upcoming field jackets look good though

4. th3buhbuh

th3buhbuh Senior member

It came via a limited release email. Only some people got it. Only way to access the product page and buy any of them at this point in time is through that link in the email. Or so the email said.

5. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

Can someone post a pic of the polos for the SF fam?

Thanks

6. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

Is it just me or does the field jacket look incredibly flared in the waist, almost like it's a womens jacket?

7. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

- Sleeve cuffs on the field jacket are terrible. No way to tailor/shorten that except from the shoulder (expensive).
    - Where are the side pockets?
    - Why are the shoulder measurements so small? A medium has a 16.5", which is basically XS in most brands

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  8. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Thanks. Crossing fingers

9. pima1234

pima1234 Senior member

Interesting.

The fit of the Field Jacket should be perfect for my build (husky/athletic).

Even the sleeve length will be more suitable than some of their other jackets.

Slightly flared at the waist will be better than a tight (City Coat) fit for this purpose. It looks like a perfect Fall jacket; good for layering.

I would buy two colors if I could (so, navy for now).

A waxed version would be a nice addition to this new series.

10. Churchill W

Agreed, I feel like field jackets should be waxed or be somewhat water resistant.

Will be passing as I have too many jackets of this style right now.

1 person likes this.
  11. evolved

evolved Senior member

I love how the field jacket looks, but the sizing is kind of goofy. I wear a large in their chore coat, and the large in the field jacket doesn't seem to really line up. Sleeve length and chest size for the large are going to be too small, and the XL too big, I think.

12. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior member

I think the look is great, and haven't cared for this brands other outerware offerings. Didnt check out the sizing. I dont need any more jackets right now and by December I
    will need something much heavier.

13. pima1234

pima1234 Senior member

Love that Duck canvas, but the dk brown and slate chinos will just have to wait...

(Still haven't had all the other Gustin Chinos I've purchase hemmed. lol)

A hemming service would be invaluable, and truly set Gustin apart.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  14. noobedloser

noobedloser Senior member

Really bummed and disappointed that they are offering the 16oz Cone Natural Indigo for cheaper than the their first release... If I would've known they were going to get the 16oz (which is what I was initially eyeing), I would've waited :((((((((

15. elimmie

elimmie Well-Known Member

nomen est omen! [​IMG]

16. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

If I'm believing the tracking information, my Okayama Standards will be here tomorrow! Trying to decide if I'll take them to Japan with me Sunday... [​IMG]

17. Smitty2k1

Smitty2k1 Senior member

I like the fit of the field jackets. Shorter sleeve lengths, thank god. I have to wear a L in everything gustin because they make the bodies so fitted, but my arms are not that long

1 person likes this.
  18. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

I'm digging all but one of the measurements on the field jacket - the shoulder is at least a full inch too small

19. pima1234

pima1234 Senior member

The L1 fit is perfect, except for one very important part... the sleeves. They're approaching 2" too long. Altering that leather won't be cheap. Hoping there's some kind of "molding" effect that may happen. There's really no good reason I can think of (other than accommodating those with longer arms, of course) why they shouldn't be 35".

The City Coat is much closer for me, only about 1" too long in the sleeves (given the style).

I imagine the field jacket material will stretch a little, but I am also so thankful for the 35" sleeve length. In this more outdoor, casual style, I'm not as concerned about slightly long sleeves.

"Get to know a good tailor," sure; but most people are so used to off the rack fitting. I'll say it again, Please offer custom tailoring. It may even bring in more customers. What's a few extra dollars, and an extra week or two wait, when you know it will fit, right?

For instance, I cuff selvedge denim, but am far from a 36" inseam. (I keep getting asked if there's a flood... LOL!) Thankfully, Detroit Denim is supposed to be good and not outrageously priced.

20. Churchill W

At least it's an easier part of the jacket to get tailored.

We're (SF) not most people. Offering custom tailoring sounds like a headache to me.

3 people like this.