1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Ostensibly if your pants have a zipper fly, you can just unzip without undoing the top button (and belt if you're wearing one), whereas with a button fly you have to unbutton from the top. Most low- to mid-rise pants, however, don't have enough zipper length to offer a 100% comfortable, 0% chance-of-contact-with-metal experience if you don't also undo the top button (IME at least).

2. evolved

evolved Senior member

Do people have to undo the top button to go pee in button flys? Gustin jeans/chino's aren't super low rise, so there shouldn't be a problem.

3. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

It's just easier to rip them all open. Maybe I just don't have the finger dexterity to finagle all of the buttons open and closed while the top button and my belt is still fastened.

1 person likes this.
  4. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Likewise. I have kinda big fingers, so I can't really fit them in between the buttons to undo them without undoing the top button.

5. mountainman3520

mountainman3520 Senior member

I was planning to order shorts but I'm feeling hesitant.

It seems like the cut is a bit strange and I'm trying to figure out why. Maybe a bit slim? Or a bit more tapered than usual? Or perhaps I'm just out of style and everyone points and laughs at my shorts when I'm not looking. :)

Also $59 seems a bit expensive for a standard twill short, ie not a "radical value". Gustin says these are comparable to $100+ shorts. But I don't think I've ever paid more than $30-40 for a pair of shorts and the price for foreign made shorts at Costco or Walmart is $15-20. I was expecting the Gustin shorts to be more like $40. Does anyone on here buy $100+ shorts?

6. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Ive bought expensive shorts and they have lasted a good amount of time. I just tried on shorts after a long time and I tried a 9" and an 11" inseam. The 9" is way too short for my liking and the 11" was comfortable and what I ended up buying. I wish these were longer, I probably would have gotten the olive and maybe one more color.

7. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

I think I've seen more and more 7"-9" inseem offerings in the last couple of years. Much like super skinny jeans - I don't get it. I have one pair of 9" shorts but rarely reach for them. I think my comfort zone is around 11" as well.

8. Bryanb55

Bryanb55 Active Member

There must be some tall people in here! 11 inch inseam looks more like capris if you are 5' 10" or less in my eyes.

1 person likes this.
  9. skriefal

skriefal Senior member

I'm 5'11" and I think of 11-inch inseam shorts as "knee pants" or knickerbockers. Too long. They're supposed to be, you know, "short" :).

10. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Yeah - I like shorter inseams. That way when you go to the bathroom you don't have to unbutton your fly, you just pull it out of the inseam.

Not unbuttoning is all the rage now from what I hear.

5 people like this.
  11. AlexTrebek

AlexTrebek New Member

Totally agree. At 5'8", a shorter inseam and decent taper are the only type of shorts that look half decent on me. I backed a pair, figure what's the harm. They seem similar measurement wise to a pair of Levi's Commuter shorts I have, and I've beat that pair to hell so why not.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  12. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

I'm on the shorter side and I feel like they make me look even shorter with anything above the knees. Maybe I'll reevaluate but at the end of the day they are shorts. I hardly ever wear them

13. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

I'm with you Justin

An ~11" inseem is probably center-knee on me which is just fine - it covers slightly less than the top half of my lower half (if that makes sense).

I actually don't mind where a 9" hits while standing (I mean... it's only 2") but it shows like half my thigh when sitting which I find uncomfortable.

More power to all you short inseem guys though

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  14. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

I'm even shorter. Not sure how long the inseams on my shorts are, but I think they are even shorter than 9". Some of my swim trunks have 5" inseams.

15. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Anyone own and have some thoughts on the #188 Italy Indigo Cashmere jeans?

16. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

I'm 5'7.

Inseam on my shorts are perfect at 8".

17. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

i backed the khaki shorts. the measurements are very similar to 2 pairs of shorts I already own...WvG enzo shorts and a pair of Epaulet rivet chinos I had my tailor change into shorts. pretty excited as i surprisingly don't have a pair of khaki shorts right now.

9" inseam is perfect for me. I'm 5'-8" and 9" hits an inch or so above my knee. pretty much perfect.

18. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

hmm..what are we talking about here

19. Bryanb55

Bryanb55 Active Member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  20. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

love my olive chinos!

Although.

Does anyone feel like the fly buttons might be a little small? I frequently have stray pop-opens on this pair.

[​IMG]