1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

G seems to have shifted their releases now to coincide with the seasons....for the most part. A lot of their denim releases in the last month or two have been lightweight, so it shows that they've been listening. But yes, they should've put shorts up for campaign back in February in time for a May release.

1 person likes this.
  2. pima1234

pima1234 Senior member

Agreed. TS was on top of that, so I went for it.

Still interested to read the specs and see more photos.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  3. BloodyRedStan

BloodyRedStan Member

Gustin made a slightly snide response on Instagram regarding that, in case you're interested.

4. AlexTrebek

AlexTrebek New Member

Long time lurker, first time post.
    I went in on the memorial day grab bag because i'm a sucker for a gamble. Ended up with the Navy Tangerine Neppy Plaid. Not too shabby, although anything but a pink button up is somewhat of a win to me. I also went in on the Black Friday grab bag and got a nice chambray as well. 2 for 2 so far. Here are a few pics...Gustin jeans as well.

https://www.weargustin.com/store/2868

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. pima1234

pima1234 Senior member

I feel the need to mention a couple QC issues with the jeans recently.

Khaki Overdye had the leg twist. Immediately obvious, particularly given the infamous thread about it. They felt weird to wear, and definitely looked funny on. Reluctantly sent back for a refund (took about 8 days to be applied, FWIW).

The Natural arrived on Saturday. Wore them today, only find a number of problems. Dark blue lines along one of the seams inside (fine, except that I have to roll mine since I'm nowhere near a 36 length). Hoping maybe that can be resolved with a Tide Pen (at Matt's recommendation), or possibly "fixed" when I finally have my Gustin jeans chainstitch hemmed. A black line (measurement mark?) on the outside of the seam on the same leg. And, quite a few loose thread ends (hopefully, no big deal).

I would love to keep The Naturals. They are really nice (as were the Khaki Overdyes, honestly).

I haven't seen anything recently regarding QC problems on their jeans.

Hoping maybe others can chime in (misery loves company? lol), or, I can just chalk this up to bad luck.

Either way, their CS has been good so far.

6. crossfi73

crossfi73 Senior member

FWIW, I've had loose threads on pretty much everything I've ordered from Gustin (except the boots), and it has never been an issue. They've just been stray ends that came off without drama.

Can't comment on the rest. Luckily I haven't (yet) encountered any of those.

1 person likes this.
  7. pima1234

pima1234 Senior member

8. pima1234

pima1234 Senior member

Afraid this pair of The Natural has to go back. I will get notified when they're being offered again though. Other than the QC issue, they are nice.

Weird black (I originally thought it was blue) ink line. Tried to remove with Shout. It shows through the other side. There is another one further up the seam, same leg.
    Lots of elbow grease used. After multiple attempts, the color began to fade.

White arrow mark of some kind...

Here is the black line which was only on the outside. This came out with Shout and some elbow grease.

9. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

I received my Naturals on Saturday also as you can see from above. Didn't really look at them that closely. Threw them in the washer and dryer after my first wear and dropped them off at my seamstress today for shortening. Did turn them inside out for the wash, but didn't notice (and didn't look) for any dark blue lines.

10. pima1234

pima1234 Senior member

11. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

I had a pair twit pretty badly (about 30-40 degrees) to the point where the selvedge id is pretty close to the arch on my foot. It was apparent after the first soak so I'm thinking it might have something to do with my gait effecting the stretch on the waist. Th only other thing I would consider a problem is a pull on the thigh of a new pair of rust chinos. I feel it when I'm running my hand on them but its not very noticeable so I'm not too concerned. Overall, I'm happy with Gustin quality and CS in problematic situations.

1 person likes this.
  12. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Zipper fly on shorts. :fu:

13. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Is it not possible to combine shipping? Thinking of picking up a couple of pairs of shorts, and I imagine they would all ship at the same time, but cannot seem to combine... Yes I'm a cheap bastard and want to save $6.

14. evolved

evolved Senior member

What's wrong with that? I kind of wish there was a zipper on some of their canvas chinos....would make button loss pretty minimal, lol.

More generally, I do like the shorts....albeit, a bit too short.

15. pima1234

pima1234 Senior member

16. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I've gone on extensive diatribes against the zipper fly in the past, but the crux of it is that the main advantage is supposed to be the capability to urinate without undoing the top button of your pants, but the length of the zipper is inadequate on most pants that don't have an especially high rise.

17. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

From what I have read, buttons allow the front to sit flatter when you are sitting. I still prefer the zipper for convenience though.

18. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

+1

and too trim in the thigh for me personally

19. Bryanb55

Bryanb55 Active Member

I'm in for the Olive and Navy shorts. I was hoping for zipper instead of buttons and a shorter inseam, so 2 for 2. Thanks Gustin! The ability to combine items in one purchase for shipping would be appreciated. I assume we can't because their releases / ship dates are usually spread out.

20. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Wait what?