1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. joshgustin

joshgustin Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Gotcha. What size / fit are you in our stuff?

2. hpreston

hpreston Senior member

I have 35 straight fit denim, that is still a bit snug (hopefully it will stretch out soon) if the duck canvas does not stretch much, probably a 36 (straight)

3. OlafG

OlafG Senior member

I am definitely in for naturals and other colors as well. I'd say I'm a 34 or 35 straight. I have a pair of Japan Standards in 34 straight and they are breaking in nicely, plus a pair of Heavy Americans which I haven't worn as much due to them being really stiff. Just need to fight through it.

4. johnbrain

johnbrain Active Member

@joshgustin any eta on the current duck canvas trousers? I love my Naturals. Maybe my favorite Gustin's but also backed the Duck.

5. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I'd love to see a caramel colored duck fabric, but I'm holding out for a chino cut.

2 people like this.
  6. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

Which is the closest fit that the Slim Fit jean compares to? APC's PS?

7. Dapp

Dapp Senior member

Got my Natural Indigo2 in 32 waist slim. At the moment, I can button all but the top button. I'm not sure how to proceed with them. My APC NS are also a 32 and they were really tight as well at first, but now they fit perfectly. Maybe I've just forgotten how tight they are at first. Not sure if I should just wear these bad boys around for a couple weeks and hope they give me an extra inch or so, or whether I should try to bump it up a size.

Love the quality of them either way.

8. Kwaker

Kwaker Senior member

I would return if you can't button up the top even after sucking in your mid-section.
    You can only hope to stretch the waistband if it's buttoned up ... otherwise, all the tension is on the second button.

9. Dapp

Dapp Senior member

Yeah I'm pretty bummed, but I think I'm going to go that route. I can just almost barely button the top, but it's probably not a good sign if the ability to button the top fluctuates depending on the amount of food I just ate..

10. bubbamoncrease

bubbamoncrease New Member

Hey guys!

I'm new to the forum. I just have a quick question about sizing for the slims. Normally I wear a size 33 in Levis Tack Slims that are about 34" to start, then stretch to about 35" waist. Im thinking about sizing up to a 34 in the Gustin slims which are measured a size 34.5" waist because of the long inseam (Im tall). What do you guys think?

-Chad

11. Dapp

Dapp Senior member

Take that back. The top button buttoned. Now the question is if I'll get an inch or so to make it easier. If they stretch anything like my NS, they should be fine.

12. JasonYeckel

JasonYeckel Senior member

few days of kale salads fix that ha

13. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Backed the trucker jacket. Always wanted a tin cloth filson x levis. Hope this one won't disappoint!

14. innerstyle

innerstyle Senior member

15. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Th denim really doesn't do much for me at all. I apparently am in the vast minority

16. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

I don't understand the love of the grey silk either. It had massive sellouts even before the first pair ever made it into anyones hands. And a bunch of people who got theirs were totally unimpressed with the actual fabric. Yet it's still, by far, the most popular denim Gustin has their hands on.

Huh.

17. Malistril

Malistril Well-Known Member

It just appeals to people as a luxury item

18. brillopad

brillopad Senior member

I think they're pretty different from Kamakura shirts. The Gustin ones are pretty casual - alpha sizing, casual details, and cut very short and slim, whereas the Kamakura shirts are much more like a traditional dress shirt. I like wearing my Gustin OCBD, but it's way too short to be worn tucked in and the Kamakura holds a tie much better. Not saying one is better than the other; it just depends if you want a dress shirt or a casual untucked shirt. Hope that helps.

1 person likes this.
  19. JasonYeckel

JasonYeckel Senior member

I like the fabric but its a summer time deal will be wearing mine a lot then have a few times but in wind they are airy. It was just people did not know what to really expect they heard "silk" and went crazy. This was my first silk purchase ever as an adult anyway. I found out it stinks when wet and all sorts of other stuff you can look for those to wear faster because of silks weaknesses. I personally think a work shirt / oxford of the grey silk would be nasty get on it josh ;p

20. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Is there any stock that can is currently available that can be ordered without backing the item and then waiting for delivery? I checked the measurements online and I think a 34 straight might work pretty good for me, I'm just a little worried that the thigh/seat might be too tight for me. That's basically the problem I have with every pair of jeans, and I haven't found one that really works perfectly yet, so I'd like to give these a try (The Fourteener looks great) but I wouldn't want to order and then find that they're too tight in the top block. Do you know what the thigh measures right at the crotch seam on the 34 straights, as opposed to 2" down?