Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. flatspotting

flatspotting Senior member

Any more updates on the first set of Loomstates? Supposed to ship December which basically leaves today or tomorrow....

2. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Senior member

Probably wouldn't expect them till early January I'd guess

3. 2eleven

2eleven Member

0.3" is something that I'd consider "within tolerance". I have 3 pair of gustin 32 straights that ~consistently~ all measured a full inch smaller in the waist. I've also read 2 posts from 2 different people indicating that the 33 straight similarly comes in a full inch smaller. That doesn't sound like a tolerance issue - that sounds like the patterns for the 32 and 33 straights are actually turning out smaller jeans than what is indicated in the fit guide. Assuming this is not a tolerance issue (+/- 1 inch would seem a pretty extreme allowable tolerance), then the fix should be fairly simple. Update the fit guide to reflect what the patterns are actually producing (hopefully consistently).

4. joshgustin

joshgustin Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hi All - noticed a few production update questions on specific styles. A note to team(at)weargustin.com is the fastest way to get an update. Cody will take good care of you. Thanks.

5. michaeljohnr

michaeljohnr Senior member

That's the funny thing with this tint of grey.

Nothing seems to really match.

If anyone can post photos of what you are wearing with these, I'd love to see it because frankly, I don't see it.

On a side note, I received my Grey Ember flannel today and love it.

The fabric is a perfect weight. Great job on these Gustin!

EDIT:

A female friend of mine just stopped by and saw the jeans out on the table. She walks over to them and picks them up and starts feeling the fabric.

"These are hot!" she says. "Where did you get these? My boyfriend needs a pair! What is that in there, silk? They look really great. The cut is perfect."

Then she starts telling me what her boyfriend would wear with them.

Amazing. I really need to break out of the 'jeans need to be blue' box.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013

6. jmatt

jmatt Senior member

LOL. Probably. Or you could just shop for jeans at Kohl's from now on.

7. chris45

chris45 Senior member

I'm looking for a few new pair of jeans -- mainly to go with my Walnut AE Strand's I just got.. so looking for an indigo blue in at least one of the pairs I get.

I was looking at the #82 American Sixteen that is ~75% backed .. it appears to be a nice darker indigo shade. OR would you go with their #81 Cone Pima Fire?

I normally purchase jeans in a ~29 .. and I'm a smaller built guy (5'6, 130-135#) .. I'm going to measure some of my other pants at home and try to use the fit guide by Gustin but would take any advice I can get.

And for pairing with the Strands for a more casual feel, would you go with straight fit or slim fit? I've never worn a pair of Gustin so not familiar with the fit.

Thanks!

8. dohare

dohare Senior member

is the slim fit close to j.crew's 484 fit? anyone know?

9. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

The American Sixteen is (from what I know about such Cone denims) a very plain, good texture for someone looking to just try raw denim for the first time. It's a substantial weight, and I find those to be much more fun than lighter denims. It will look just like a super awesome, heavy pair of Levi's.

The Pima is a more textured denim. It's certainly awesome, but it'll not be as smooth/plain to look at. Most people won't notice, but you should be aware that what you'll get is going to look/feel a little different. The weight is a bit closer to more mainstream denims, not too heavy, but not paper thin.

I'd go with the American Sixteen unless you know you want the texture.

10. chris45

chris45 Senior member

Thanks a lot! .. and when pairing with a pair of Strands (walnut), would you go with the straight fit or slim fit?

11. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Senior member

At your profile I'd say try slim fits. Mind you I have nearly the same build as you at 5'5" 140 lbs and I go with 29 slims in all weights of jeans (heavy American, heavy japan, rainbow neps, 1776). I'm also waiting for the cone Pima fire, greenline, American 16er, BluexBlack, and super heavy haha [​IMG]

12. chris45

chris45 Senior member

Thanks @wonsmithr8 ! I had a good assumption your build was the same as mine so I started following you yesterday to steal/borrow ideas from you =]

Well glad to hear you are waiting on that much from Gustin.. apparently I'm in the right spot! Now to get on the American 16er backer list..

13. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Senior member

Haha no problem. I tend to collect things I like in bunches which may or May not be good. I do also have a pair of 29" straight the dark (#81) jeans but I don't wear those anymore as it's definitely roomier in the top block (looser in waist) and cuff opening. The only thing I liked about the straight fit was the lower rise.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013

14. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Here's a look at the #65 Jade in the straight fit:

[​IMG]

15. chris45

chris45 Senior member

Thanks.. yea, I definitely think a slim fit will work better for me.