Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. JasonYeckel

JasonYeckel Senior member

I think its the fabric to be honest i have never owned silk so no idea but i have soaked your and others raw denim before not a tone but this smell is like hay/farm.
    True and not true depends on the person i think i just don't like the smell of this "dirt-noil" that can be in silk just took me by surprise i think they will be fine. From a distance is fine just when i stick my nose in a jean leg can i get a wif off it old man thought it had a hay smell as well told me to stop complaining :)

2. hardisty17

hardisty17 Well-Known Member

Just put on my Japan blue oxford and I am very pleased. Perfect weight for winter and a nice trim fit, but not as tight like a band of outsiders shirt. I especially like the arm holes that allow a lot of movement but are still slim. For reference, I am 6 ft 180 lbs and ordered a medium. I am about to pick up the white oxford. Awesome job.

3. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Hey team Gustin, any update on the Super Heavy Slubs that are set to go out in December?

4. flatspotting

flatspotting Senior member

Or the first set of LoomStates also set to ship December!

5. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Senior member

[​IMG]

Loomstates on sewing floor per gustin

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013

6. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Thanks for reply. Everything sounds great especially if you offer it in different fabrics. Raw umber/brown would be great for fall.

I guess I'm not crazy about the extra front pocket. A bit too busy.

7. analogital

analogital Member

Here are the fit for my okayama standards slims W33 inseam hemmed to 32.

I'm 5" 7 and 190 pounds

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. ykim917

ykim917 Well-Known Member

Are the Naturals going to come back anytime soon?

9. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Can you button the 33's? I am a bit taller and roughly the same weight and I wear a 35 slim

10. analogital

analogital Member

Yeah but just barely the last button but it is comfortable once it is. I wear a 32 nudie thin finn if that would be any reference to you or anyone...

11. michaeljohnr

michaeljohnr Senior member

Grey Silk fans - What colors are you wearing up top?

I am 100% on the fence about a pair I just received (have an email into Gustin about a return) because:

1. I'm not crazy about the sheen on the fabric. It was not really anticipated from the swatch photos when I ordered.

The swatch below from the Gustin site shows almost too blue for the tint of the jeans. The second photo below accurately illustrates the true tint of the denim. More light grey than blue.

2. What goes well this color? Other than white, I cannot really get a sense of what would go well on top of these pants. It's a tough color for me.

It's a hard to match light grey/blue tint that my significant other just referred to as 'janitor grey.'

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. 2eleven

2eleven Member

Thanks for posting this info here - I'm sure it will be helpful to a lot of people. Hopefully others can post their actual pre-wear measurements for various sizes. It's interesting (and a little unsettling) that your 33 slim measures larger in the waist than the fit guide indicates. I have 3 pair of 32 straights that all measured about 31.5" (a full inch smaller in the waist than the fit guide) before being worn. From an earlier post of yours, you had a pair of 33 straights that measured a little under 33" unworn. That's 1" smaller in the waist than the fit guide indicates. For a business model where we cannot even try on the jeans until a couple of months after we purchase them, it is crucial that the fit guide be accurate. If anyone from Gustin is reading this, now that production has "settled in", it would be extremely helpful to re-measure the actual production sizes of the jeans and update the fit guide so that it is accurate.

13. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

I thought it was odd how crazy popular the grey silks were, before anyone actually had even had the chance to own a pair and post opinions/feelings. Gustin is obviously a double-edged blade. You get access to awesome, strange fabrics, but you can get screwed because to a certain extent, you're participating in an experiment with each new denim. But for a denim to be *that* popular, with everyone clamoring for a pair before anyone had even seen it?

Of course, I have my loomstates coming sometime soonish... within a couple weeks I'd guess. I think there are going to be a lot of people who ignored Gustin's recommendation to size up 2-3 sizes, and are going to end up with super small jeans that don't ever stretch out as far as they're hoping. I sized up 3 sizes myself.

14. tmchow

tmchow Senior member

I recently returned a pair of the #60 "Left hand" since they were too large. They also were 0.3" larger in the waist than the fit guide. Response I got back was that it was within tolerance.

I have 3 pair of gustins, and I've found that on thicker 12oz and higher the variance doesn't matter. However, on lighter weight denims (sub-12oz), it can make them fit too large. My rule now is that for their lighter denims, I'm getting one size down.

15. tmchow

tmchow Senior member

Gray should be pretty easy to match.. black, blue, red seem like they'd all go with it, but I don't know your wardrobe.