Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

I feel like Ive gotten everything on time or super close to the timing quoted. Yes there were a few things but Ren sent out an email clarifying. I just checked my orders and it says things that are expected in May might be shipping out April.

Also I love almost everything I have bought from Gustin. The only one thing that I wish was that the tshirts were just a little longer in the body. They are so comfy and I would back every one of them but length is just a hair short for a normal tshirt. These are great for layering though which is probably what ill end up doing with these.

2. evolved

evolved Senior member

I'm digging those red chino's.....would be great for baseball season (Cardinals).

3. westie187

westie187 Senior member

Or Golf. [​IMG]

4. mountainman3520

mountainman3520 Senior member

Hmmmm. I don't think I'm quite bold enough to wear red pants. I need to work on improving my confidence!

It looks cool and I like the dramatic flare. Congrats to those of you who order and wear these red pants!

5. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

6. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior member

7. prisonstrength

prisonstrength Senior member

I'm a big fan of the red shade that the have in the pictures. It seems a little deeper and burgundy-ish which is what I'm looking for. Who knows. I like Red either way.

8. mountainman3520

That article is hilarious. And I've recently purchased the perfect shoes to go with the red pants.

BEHOLD!

The Mezlan Serra Black Crocodile Boot!

[​IMG]

9. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

@joshgustin

Would love to see more chinos in premium fabrics. Or something cool like heavy chambray.

Suggestion:

Make the belt loops shorter. Currently, they flare out too much because they're so big.

Also, any plans to bring a denim chore coat, like something out of Cone denim or the lighter Italian denim x silk or denim x hemp combos?

And I know it's Spring, but a flannel-lined denim (with corozo buttons, not metal) would be my goto casual coat!

10. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

[​IMG]

11. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

Anyone receive the lined trucker? If so, how is it?

12. evolved

evolved Senior member

Haha.....red chinos like that (or other non-traditional colors) are referred to as GTH pants. As in, Go To Hell pants, lol.

13. mountainman3520

That lined trucker looks beautiful but it seems to me like it has a cleaning problem. I mostly accept the argument that a waxed canvas trucker jacket never needs washed because the wax keeps the canvas from getting dirty. But I don't see how a flannel lining could go the lifetime of the garment without washing. And if its permanently attached to a non-washable waxed canvas exterior then how could it be cleaned?

14. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

actually, waxed canvas can be cleaned, just not by traditional methods. waxed canvas will still pick up dirt and debris and has to be brushed off periodically, or wiped down with a damp cloth, so it does need cleaning once in awhile. As to the lining, I have no idea how one would wash it. My assumption is that it's a non-issue. Filson and Barbour both use lining in some of their jackets and I don't recall ever reading complaints to that effect.

15. ojaw

ojaw Senior member

I'd suggest wearing a layer between the coat and your skin, keeps the sweat down.