Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Rene_Lahm

Rene_Lahm Senior member

I'm not even sure, but on the old community board people once in a while posted that they'd sell their credit. Not sure if there's a way to transfer it, or if you would have to take on someone's account.

2. Bash Tian

Bash Tian Senior member

was in the market for some new denim and someone recommended gustin, can you guys comments how accurate are the measurements on the charts?

3. khordkutta

khordkutta Member

Had some issues with chinos and shirts, just received some denim italy blackxblack and japan union blue and the measurements for the denim is spot on.

4. BernieIsMyCat

BernieIsMyCat Senior member

My 8 Gustin jeans all arrived within 1/2" of their size charts. However, there have been many posts here and on other forums complaining about much larger size differences. I'm sure many of them will chime in now. The good news is that Gustin's customer service is great, so if you have a problem they will take care of you.

Don't forget to account for stretching during break-in as described in the 3rd paragraph "Jean Measurement Guide". My jeans all stretched about an inch in the waist, except for the Super Lights which stretched almost 2 inches.

5. nomeX

nomeX Well-Known Member

My Brown X Black and Green Herringbone Chore Coats showed up sometime this weekend or today. That's right on schedule for the Brown X Black and a couple of weeks late in the Herringbone.

6. GoodTwillHuntin

GoodTwillHuntin Senior member

Looks like I lucked out. I ordered a 3 pack of shirts last week (the 9th) and just got an email that they shipped today. I'm happy to hear I don't need to wait long on tshirts. Hopefully they work out for me and I'll be able to get plenty of wear this spring and summer.

7. zissou

zissou Senior member

I grabbed a slim large classic chambray shirt from the stock page. Time to give the new size a try!

8. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Is it me, or does the Gustin briefcase look just like a Filson? I doubt mine will be falling apart any time in the next decade, but this one looks like it could be a worthy replacement.

9. Chubbs

Chubbs Senior member

Yeah, pretty obvious that it's a Filson ripoff.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015

10. dcg

dcg Senior member

Came to post the same. Poor form.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015

11. EPrest90

EPrest90 Senior member

Looks exactly like Filson's. Which isn't a bad thing, but I'm completely satisfied by my Filson briefcase, so much so I went and bough their dopp kit, and duffel bag, both on sale at pretty great prices.

Honestly, most of Gustin's releases haven't interested me in months. I have most of the pants I want from them, maybe a super light at some point, but I'm pretty good on gustin products for the moment.

12. esteban

esteban Member

disappointing that they'd so blatantly copy filson

13. believeland

believeland Member

Amen to that. There's little to no attempt to innovate on the design.

14. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

I don't get why you guys are complaining about the Gustin bag looking like a Filson bag. How many of you have actually paid full-price for Filson product? Regardless of how G's bag looks aesthetically, it's gonna be a lot cheaper than a Filson bag is it not? Isn't that the whole point of what they do? I've heard people call them out for copying Engineered Garments too. If you don't like it then buy a Filson