Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Muey

Muey Well-Known Member

Yep. Two workshirts, one button come undone on each + some unraveled/loose thread ends in the others.

For what ever reason this seems to be a somewhat common issue with many machine-sewn buttons. No idea why this is the case, I guess some machines just suck at finishing the "final knot" equivalent? It makes one wonder though, I have some el-cheapo shirts (uniqlo) where the button's have stayed in place for years.

2. zissou

zissou Senior member

Thank you both for confirming that I wasn't crazy. It's disappointing to see so much shrinkage, especially since Gustin says that the fabrics are all pre-washed. I'll plan to reorder some of them in slim large, expecting that they will eventually fit like slim medium. I suspect that the sleeves will be a little longer than I need, though. But, that's not such a bad thing.

3. bertie

bertie Senior member

I don"t machine dry and have not had problems with shrinkage

4. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

Damn, most of my shirts will be unwearable with any shrinkage (they're already slims). Looks like I'll use the dry cleaner.

@zissou did the arm width shrink as well? I may be interested in some of them if most measurements are consistent w/ a small or slim small. Just don't want a slim body with medium-sized arms.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015

5. zissou

zissou Senior member

^yeah, the sleeves are slimmer, too. There was much more shrinkage in width than length. I think that the best description of how they fit now based on the measurements is slim tall small.

Those of you who don't notice shrinkage, have you measured your shirts and compared them to the charts? I wonder if you don't notice the shrinkage because they were roomier from the start.

6. Oldsrocket27

Oldsrocket27 Well-Known Member

I'll be honest, I've been waiting for the day when a designer finds a cool way to display spare buttons as an intentional part of a garment. I feel like it would be similar to keeping sticker on baseball caps, but slightly more subtle. I probably wouldn't wear it myself, but it's an idea.

E: I understand this has probably already been done, but I'm new enough to fashion to not know about it.

7. Rene_Lahm

Rene_Lahm Senior member

Just going to throw this out there. Anyone wth Gustin store credit they're looking to offload? I'm looking for about $120. Have money in my PayPal that don't want to transfer back into canadian then buy with my cc.

8. westie187

westie187 Senior member

And how would one do that?

9. Bonesy

Bonesy Well-Known Member

noticing more and more it'd my Gustin shirts I'm reaching for most days. My cone mills work shirt I ordered big and immediately washed it warm and then put in the dryer and got the expected shrink I was looking to get out of the way. My other G shirts I've been hand washing every couple wears in a car wash bucket, I'll wait for 3 or 4 dirty shirts and then wash by hand at the same time and hang dry, haven't noticed much shrink.

10. ARR13

ARR13 Member

I'm afraid to wash my Cone workshirt or my monster twill. If they shrink at all I'm stuck with 2 great shirts that don't fit.

11. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior member

i got the monster twill and green black twill today. they actually arrived some time ago but its just now im picking them up. I really cant complain. Great quality for the price. I hope they dont shrink too much. i wouldnt mind losing an inch or two in length. I do not however have much extra room in the chest for the green/black twill. the monster twill sewed up a little large so Im not worried about that. it fits like my j crew tall medium i bought a few years ago.

12. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

I'm curious what other waxed canvas goods Gustin has in the pipeline? They've got their trucker, chore coat and duffles....so what's next? I think it's hard to beat the badassness of the trucker, so it would be interesting if they could top themselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. BloodyRedStan

BloodyRedStan Member

Anybody backed the lined trucker? It should begin shipping next week, so the order status page says.

Do they generally meet their deadlines? This is my first order from Gustin, feeling so hyped right now...

14. ojaw

ojaw Senior member