Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. zissou

zissou Senior member

Does anyone here wear Gustin shirts in both slim and regular fit? I've received a bunch in slim fit, and they are a great fit but almost too slim. I have a couple shirts ordered in regular fit for a slightly more relaxed fit. Anyone else tried this with success?

2. benjaminpersitz

benjaminpersitz Member

This doesn't help you now, but I plan on sizing up to medium in slim fit from cl small. Measurements are similar, but shoulders are wider and the extra length will be nice since those scooped sides come up high. I'll let you know how they compare.

3. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Backed the Brushed Back Superlight, what the hell...

4. idontgrillonwed

idontgrillonwed Member

The regular fit is even too slim in the arms and shoulders for me, so I personally think they are all too slim.

5. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Can anyone compare Gustin shirts sizing to Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit? I am a 15/33 Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit and am having trouble deciding on which size to get even after measuring.

The measurements I took this morning of a shirt that I already have are as follows:

Chest: 19.5
    Waist: 18 1/16"
    Shoulder: 18"
    Center back: 30 7/8"
    Sleeve: 24.5"; not measure to yoke missed that in the diagram
    Collar: 16 13/16"

I think this puts me into a small in slim fit, but the shoulders on that is almost an inch too small.

6. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

Really excited to see the Brushed Back Superlight, but I'm a little curious how a light fabric with a brushed feel will wear in warm weather. The flannel fuzziness reminds me of something I'd wear on a cool day, not the opposite. I was wondering if anyone could speak to how this actually might feel when worn in summer months.

Granted, I know it's not possible for anyone to have worn these yet, but is there anything comparable from other brands?

7. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Senior member

Thanks for putting those up there today. Backed a pair of black.

8. felizuno

felizuno Active Member

I wear BB x-slim 16/34 and would compare its fit to a G medium, but longer and no scoops. I wear a BB2 in Black Fleece, and would compare that to a G slim L but longer and consider that the closest comparison point between BB/Gustin fits I own. My BB x-slim OCBDs after years of wash/wear fit almost the same a G mediums (perhaps a bit more snug) because they are shorter than other BB shirts.

THAT SAID trust the fit guide more than random guys on the internet. Measure your shirt, use their fit guide, and perhaps order from the stock store first to check your size.

9. andy b.

andy b. Senior member

I have a bunch of BB shirts in Slim Fit 15 1/2 /34. The Gustin Medium Classic fit is tighter (and shorter). The Gustin Large Classic fit is about the same in the shoulders as the BB Slim, but bigger through the mid-section. The Gustin Large Slim fit seems pretty close to the BB Slim, but the body length is shorter (as it is on all Gustin shirts). I personally like the Gustin Large Slim because it seems to fit my shoulders okay, and isn't too big in the body. I'm fairly thin, 5' 10" and 145 lbs. I think my shoulders must be bony and stick out though because I find the Gustin Mediums a little tight in the shoulders and upper chest. And I obviously don't have a large chest being only 145 lbs. :lol:

I don't have any BB Extra Slim shirts to compare to.

10. BernieIsMyCat

BernieIsMyCat Senior member

I am 16 x 32 in BB Extra Slim Fit. I found the Gustin classic Medium to be close, but a bit too tight for me in the upper chest. I'm thinking about trying a Gustin Slim Large, but haven't done it yet.

11. benjaminpersitz

benjaminpersitz Member

You wear a slim large at 145 lbs? I wear a classic small or slim medium and I'm 5'8 160 and fairly muscular.

12. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I wear a slim large at 6'0", 185 with a somewhat muscular build.

13. Randomore

Randomore Senior member

That's good to hear, we have similar measurements. Not too short?

14. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

What chest size are you? I think you may be the closest in size to me.

I am 5'5", 38" chest, 150Lbs so not a skinny guy, but not huge either.

Thanks for all of the feedback everyone else.

I think I am leaning towards a classic small or possibly a slim medium.

Unfortunately, no shirting in those sizes that I am interested in the stock sale.

15. andy b.

andy b. Senior member

The G mediums feel too tight in the shoulders on me. Like I said, I'm probably shaped weird, that's why I mentioned it. I could really use a size between medium and large, but it is what it is.