Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

Why don't you email them to get a status?

2. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Depends on how dark you're looking for, but the description on the web site makes it sound like the Italy midnight shadow is pretty dark (and it's currently open for funding): https://www.weargustin.com/store/1558

There was also the Italy indigo x indigo if you want something super-saturated (closed, but it's possible they'll have another run or a different indigo x indigo in the future): https://www.weargustin.com/store/1262

3. jesware33

jesware33 Member

I'm thinking about backing the #37 Super light in a straight ft. Does anyone know if I should size down on these (Gustin recommends sizing down one)? These are my first pair of Gustin jeans so I'm not sure if I should follow their fit guide or size down one full size.

4. Rene_Lahm

Rene_Lahm Senior member

I haven't owned their lightlight denim, but they're recommending that because they stretch considerably more than something heavier. I have two pairs of Gustin. One is a 38, and another is marked 36, but measures closer to a 37. I have a 37 on order and would stick with 37 for the lighter denim. In reality they're only going to stretch to what your body requires.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015

5. westie187

westie187 Senior member

6. SteveH35

SteveH35 Senior member

Same for me -- they basically said the factory got way behind. Pretty lame.

On the bright side, my Natural Indigo x Persimmon jeans are set to be delivered today

7. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior member

My heavy twill has already shipped (should be here today, prob tomorrow); and my black/green twill is apparently on the shipping queue. Sweet. First week!

8. zissou

zissou Senior member

[​IMG]

9. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

I was looking for this as well and landed on the Italy indigoXindigo. I LOVE the look of them and they're the only pair I haven't hemmed b/c I like the double cuff look with the indigo weft.

That said, I'm afraid there is one serious negative to the indigoXindigos that you should keep in mind, especially given your intended application - they bleed like crazy. I have soaked mine once and washed them once and they still bleed as bad (or worse) as any other pair I've owned. This is a big issue if you're going to tuck a nice dress shirt into them or wear them with nice dress shoes. I have a slight ring on my suede Alden chukkas that kills me. I now only wear these with boots. It really kills me b/c they are beautiful. I actually find myself wishing they had the same exact pair that was treated so as not to bleed/fade.

10. unrooted

unrooted Senior member

11. chupas

chupas Senior member

Still waiting on mine, and know someone else who is too. I don't get the "oh we've totally been shipping this stuff for three weeks, you and everyone you know just happen to be the last couple pairs" game. Like, you had timing issues with one of your factories. Chinos were delayed. I get it. But can you just tell me it's delayed and give me an estimate, however general, of when it's actually delayed until instead of doing this "it's in the mail I swear!" game every week or two?

Maybe I don't know the full story here, but it seems like this forum is rife with MTO brands whose customers are infinitely patient and don't really mind delays, but the companies completely waste good will (earned and unearned) by pretending that a delay will be much shorter than it is. People end up feeling lied to. It happened with TOJ, and it seems to be currently happening with Lawless.

12. benjaminpersitz

benjaminpersitz Member

A lot of things are shipping ahead of schedule, but I'm still waiting on my J17's. Customer service has been good, but I'm not optimistic they'll in the mail this week.

13. chupas

chupas Senior member

Just heard back from them via email and apparently the problem factory has been the giving constant revisions and inaccurate ship times. I've ordered plenty of stuff without issue, so I believe them completely, but I hope they figure out a way to fix that going forward since they are sort of left holding the bag in terms of blame.

14. Sunstealer73

Sunstealer73 Senior member

Just resawed some oak with the Gustin apron:

[​IMG]

15. prisonstrength

prisonstrength Senior member

Has anyone washed/dried their tees? I'm wondering how they'll handle a drier.