Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. zissou

zissou Senior member

I received the true navy selvage chambray shirt yesterday, and it's another beautiful shirt from Gustin.

I accidentally listed classic medium instead of slim medium on my two selvage oxfords that just went into production yesterday, and it was too late to change them back. I guess I'll just have my tailor take them in in the body a little. She won't be able to chainstitch them, though...

2. ispace

ispace Senior member

@zissou any chance of some photos?

3. unrooted

unrooted Senior member

I was so stoked that they had the light weight denim back. . . Until I saw the pictures?!?

Who in their right mind would wear something so wrinkled???

4. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I'm wearing mine right now. They're freakin' sweet...

5. noobedloser

noobedloser Senior member

Can anyone at gustin comment on the differnce between the indigo slub chambray vs the indigo Linen slub chambray? Are they pretty similar in terms of weight and feel? The price difference is pretty big $99 vs. $130? Is the linen slub chambray worth the extra 30?

6. joshgustin

joshgustin Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

To me, the linen slub is much finer and softer as compared to the indigo slub chambray, which has a more rugged, crispy feel to it. Both are great, just depends on what you're looking for.

7. noobedloser

noobedloser Senior member

Thanks a lot. I would love a soft yet crispy feel but if im wearing it as a shirt, I'd probably go with softer/finer. Could you on how it might fade and if it could be worn during summer time?

8. ojaw

ojaw Senior member

soft yet crispy

9. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Looking for a pair of Black or Grey 33 Slims, if anyone has something they want to unload. New as possible please.

10. Rene_Lahm

Rene_Lahm Senior member

@joshgustin

Any idea if the slub16 is ever going to make a return? or was that some limited fabric?

11. joshgustin

joshgustin Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Not sure on that one but I'll look for something like it.

12. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

Just received my #18 Heavy Caramel Chino, The fabric is so cool!

This is my first gustin chino. I took Slim 30, which is also the size I take for the jeans, and the fit is amazing. Will post some fitting photos after I had it hemmed.

cheers!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  13. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I'm not terribly optimistic about the mail actually getting delivered in this snow, but my super heavy twill shirt shipped (ahead of schedule) and is ostensibly scheduled to be delivered today.

Still waiting on the city coat. Order status says it's now scheduled to ship between 3/9 and 3/13.

I realize they don't have the bandwidth to write an actual email each time there's a change in status or anticipated ship date, but it'd be cool if they could set up an automated system triggered to send a stock email to people who opt in. It'd take development work, obvs., and might depend on whether their CRM system is even capable of / can be programmed to do that.

14. westie187

westie187 Senior member

Anyone get shipping confirmation on the #16 Khaki Selvedge Chino? Patience is getting severely tested here.....

Production status: 3/1: A few orders have not yet shipped, but we are expecting the remainder of this batch to ship out shortly

??????????

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  15. edmundrz

edmundrz Member

@joshgustin

Hey Gustin and Gustin fans. I'm really interested in a deep, dark indigo color jean from Gustin. Something that would look good with some dress shoes and a nazy blazer, almost a dressier jean. Does Gustin carry that. I've been looking the last couple of months but often when the denim is dark, there are only a few pieces of fabric and its hard to tell what it would look it as a pair of jeans in normal light.

Any suggestions for types of denim I should watch out for, or hope make a reappearance?

I've ordered the Trucker in Dark Oak and hopefully will get in a few months. So far Gustin looks nice. I wear almost only Wrangler mwz13 in rigid denim, which is both dark (but not dark enough) but also the toughest denim I've come across. 14.5oz, tough stuff. Doesn't ever seem to thin. I've worn some for 8+ years now and while there is color loss, no damage. So interested in trying out Gustin jeans.