Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

2. Sunstealer73

Sunstealer73 Senior member

It's a hard color to explain, those are the two closest i could think of. Here's a pic, from left to right: Brooks Brothers Twill Chinos (not sure what color, darker khaki), Gap 1969 Cords in Palomino Brown, Gustin Japan Military Green Chinos, Lands End Canvas Elston Chino in Vintage Olive. Even in this picture, you can see that they look more green in some places and more khaki in others. Regardless, I think they will go with anything these other three would be worn with.

[​IMG]

3. rawrz

rawrz Well-Known Member

Anyone else notice that the stock page has been:
    1. Up for more than a weekend
    2. Getting new items

Currently bird dogging for some chinos!!

4. GoodTwillHuntin

GoodTwillHuntin Senior member

It looks khaki to me [​IMG]

5. Sunstealer73

Sunstealer73 Senior member

Closer to khaki to me too!

6. ojaw

ojaw Senior member

1st looks tan to me, 2nd looks like a washed out Carhartt (ech), 3rd looks like a Brit khaki, last one looks olive to me.

7. FatBinary

FatBinary Member

It seems to be up most of the time lately. And when it appears to be "too full" they run a grab bag to clear it out.

8. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Got my heavy caramel chinos today in 33 slim.

For comparison sake I went to a 33 from the Naked and Famous 32 Weird guy, as it was suggested earlier in the thread.

The Gustins fit great. more room in the seat and the thigh and the waist seems to fit better not in size, but shape. , very easy to sit it, which is my only complaint in the N&F.

Overall very happy with my first pair. Customs dinged me for $25, making these 170$ chinos for me. No fault of Gustin of course, but will definitely impact how much I order, which sucks because I want more now that I know the fit is good.

9. bigblack

bigblack Member

Gave my Cone 101 WS a cold wash without soap to try to get it to shrink some. Partially successful, the denim become really stiff and crunchy after drying

[​IMG]

10. andy b.

andy b. Senior member

I just got in my first pair of Skinny jeans. Some of the Slims I have could be a little less bulky in the thigh, so I figured what the heck. Of course, for my first experiment in Skinny I went with some Loomstates. :butbut: Yes, they are Skinny! I just did a warm soak on them and they are hanging to dry, so I'm now committed to owning them. :lol:

I may or may not post a pic once I put them on and they dry, depending on how ridiculous I look. They did feel a little "slim" pre-soak, but honestly, they looked okay in the mirror. Definitely not like jeggings or biking tights (I do own biking tights for cold weather mountain biking).

Now I just have to decide if I want to put them on wet and wear them until they dry, or wait until they hang dry and then attempt to insert myself into them. This will be an interesting experiment.

11. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior member

The Skinny's are a tad too skinny, IMO. I don't own pair, but I've read the measurements. The Gustin Skinny 32 is skinnier than the Rogue Territory Skinny 31. Just no way they would work for me, and I'm pretty slim. Not extremely slim, but slim enough that you would think I could fit into a skinny jean alright. I would like to see a slim fit with a thinner thigh. If they did that they may not even need a skinny fit.

12. zissou

zissou Senior member

If anyone ordered shirts in the Feb/Mar chambrays (nep, true navy, coal) in classic fit medium and wants to trade for one of my slim fit mediums, let me know. I think that somewhere between slim and classic is my ideal fit, so I'll just have a mix of the two fits rather than all slim mediums.

13. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Senior member

THanks. You may have just saved my Azz.

I have some other jeans that are smaller in the thigh than gustins are and I figured I would try some skinnys.

I have two pairs on order and just changed them back to slim.

I would love a smaller thigh which outside of the cuff opening seems to be the only difference between gustins skinny and slim.

Ohh wait, I just saw you dont own a pair. Doh!

Can anyone out there that does own pairs of each comment?

14. andy b.

andy b. Senior member

You mean pairs of Gustin Slim and Skinny? I own Gustin Straight, Slim and Skinny. Right now I am sitting here in a pair of damp, clammy Skinny Loomies. :lol:
    The Skinny fit is definitely slimmer than the Slim! Of course, this is with a pair of Loomstates that definitely shrank a little.
    At this point I can't say I look like I just popped out of a time machine as a member of a 1980s hair band, but there isn't a lot of extra fabric in the thighs (well, NO extra fabric in the thighs). Let them dry overnight and tomorrow I'll post some pre-and post-soak measurements and some from my Slim fits. As it stands now, I CAN fit my hands in my pockets, and while I'm thin, I do a lot of bike riding, so it isn't like I'm just a skeleton with no muscle.

15. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior member

This isnt as difficult as you are making it. I assume you own other pairs of jeans? (1) identify your slimmest pair of jeans. (2) measure them yourself or look up the measurements online. (3) Compare those measurements to Gustin's skinny fit measurements. You should get a reasonable idea of how skinny Gustins jeans are.

I recently made a comparison chart of the measurements of every pair of jeans and chinos I own and it was very helpful. Its pretty obvious that Gustins jeans are skinny as hell. I would, however, like to see some fit pics.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015