Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. zissou

zissou Senior member

Yeah, if the measurements are way off and an item is unwearable, that's another thing. It's a good thing Gustin offers refunds in those cases.

2. prisonstrength

prisonstrength Senior member

People get upset about the problems because Gustin has trouble doing exchanges because of product availability and people don't like waiting three months for a product that doesn't fit. Which I understand, but I also think people who order from Gustin should know this and be okay with that ahead of time.

3. Sunstealer73

Sunstealer73 Senior member

Got my first two orders both today. The Japan Military Green chinos fit great, just need about 4 inches taken off the inseam. I normally wear 34 in everything, but went with 35 Straight after reading several people who said they came in a little tight, especially after a wash. Also got one of the denim aprons to use in my woodworking shop. It was from the random denim version, so I'm not sure which denim I actually got. It is made very well and already got some use after work today. Just wish the pencil pockets were a little deeper.

4. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

Agree 100%. Sorry to quote the entire thing but you took the words off my keyboard

5. noobedloser

noobedloser Senior member

This is an update to the backpack leather handle issue that i emailed gustin about. They said that is how they are all constructed. They also offered me a refund if i wanted to.
    +1 to their customer service

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015

6. th3buhbuh

th3buhbuh Senior member

Got my "Shirt 3 pack #1" (grey, white, black) in today. I'd say they are quite nice - at least they seem solid and comfortable. Only thing that I dislike is the tag. Never a fan of sewn on tags, but these are soft enough. Fit seems fine too. I'm an M in everything G and M tees work nicely. Curious about shrink though... $13 a shirt isn't all that bad for MiUS and hell, I've spent more for a Gap tee (which are $12.50 atm). Yes, it's a bit of a wait. Yes, you can get a t-shirt in less than a week like my example, but I'm not in a hurry and unless these fall apart after a couple washes, I'm happy.

7. Phantoom

Phantoom Well-Known Member

I received mine a week ago. Solid for sure. They shrink on non low heat in the dryer, which actually worked in my favor as they were a tad baggy on me (6' 165 and ordered a small).

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015

8. rawrz

rawrz Well-Known Member

And now I'm afraid to wash my chinos. Damn.

9. blindboygrunt

blindboygrunt Active Member

Decided to pull the trigger on the Slub Plaid shirt that was listed today. The fabric looks absolutely beautiful and at $81 it works out to be a great deal.

I also received my heather gray 2 pack yesterday and I'm impressed. Great quality and for a made in the USA t-shirt, they're definitely a great price. I'll likely grab a pack of white shirts when they're relisted.

10. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

What happened with the city coats? Haven't seen any fit pics and they weren't re-listed. I'm sure some forum members picked them up - how'd they come out?

11. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

f
    Production status: 2/9: Construction is taking longer than expected due to this being a new style. Now estimated to ship at the end of the month.

12. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

One minor quibble: I don't mind the delay - in fact, I'd much rather they take their time getting a new product out to market rather than rush to meet a somewhat arbitrary deadline - but it would be nice to get an email update on this instead of having to check order status on the Gustin web site.

Also, for realsies - is it pronounced with a hard or soft G?

13. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

For max snobbery, a suggest GooSTEEN.

14. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

How about zhoo-STEEN? I feel like that pronunciation absolutely oozes sophistication.

15. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Japan Military Green chinos are awesome. Gorgeous color and fabric., will just taper them a tad (7" leg opening) and hem maybe 4-5". Great stuff!