Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. nomeX

nomeX Well-Known Member

My one problem was with size 33 Loomstate skinny's measuring with a size 31 waist. I wanted some unsanforized, shrink to fit, but it was not to be. I sent them back and got some other jeans instead. I don't think I'll order unsanforized jeans from Gustin again.

2. Jdub6

Jdub6 Senior member

Hey Josh, any idea when the #19 heavy coffee chino will return?(!;) How did I miss that? Thanks.

3. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

Waiting I'm fine with. Just deliver your products when you say you will. Whether it be 1 month, 2 months or 3 months. Deliver on the promise date. It's not whining, it's the expectation that a company lives up to its own end of the agreement. And it's not just one or two runs of this or that, it's been countless different jeans,chinos,jackets and so it's not just one or two people complaining. It's a whole shit ton of people and fans who've noticed this in the past several months. There's nothing wrong with pointing it out, boards exist for expression of opinions and anecdotes. I've emailed them plenty of times and yes the CS is very good.

Point in fact, Gustin realized they couldn't deliver on specific dates anymore, so they removed that from our account page's item "status". So I've just resigned myself to the fact that it will come when it comes and I'm okay with that. But others aren't and that's understandable. They're probably a lot busier than before and realized committing to specific ship dates was just not doable anymore and so their new models seems to be the "few months or so" thing. That's fine. New customers won't notice, but the older G fans notice the change.

Whatever many reason they stopped the board, they could've at least been polite and professional about it with a message on the forum (or even emails) "hey thanks for being with us from the beginning but the community board will cease on 2/19. Thanks - G" It basically seemed they gave up on the board and those members (whining,complaining notwithstanding), and just moved on (FB,IG, SF, Reddit..). Seems a little cold and unappreciative if you ask me. Then again maybe they felt that many of the members of the board were being that way too..

4. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior member

You choose to order from them under the pretense that they will deliver the items when they say they will deliver them. Perhaps they should put a caveat under their solicitation that anticipated shipping dates are subject to delay? Or might that cause people who may otherwise have bought the product not to do so?

5. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Like this (from the "How It Works" page)?

[​IMG]

6. Jdub6

Jdub6 Senior member

Backing the current acorn chinos and remain really torn on straight versus slim (33 slim-stretched to 35" in G jeans are perfect for me but not tucking a shirt and undershirt in so I need an extra .5"-1" in waist). Like others, I received slims before and they were certainly more on the skinny side (didn't fit) but again looking at their measurements their slim chinos appear comparable to the slim jeans.

Anyone recently receive some chinos with thoughts on slim versus straight (i.e., are the slims holding up even close to measurements)? Backing the 35 slims for the extra inch in waist for tucking. Thanks!

7. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Senior member

^ I'm curious about the same slim vs. skinny in the jeans. I bought a pair of slim and have a pair of skinny on order since they are not that much smaller in the thigh and cuffs and I have room to give in the slim fit on both measurements without the skinny being over the top 'girl jeans' look which would not suit me. Seems like their skinny is a modern skinny, not a hipster skinny.

8. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

I bought slim on the Graphite Chinos and am glad that I did.

I bought a Standard and a Slim pair of Denim in my size and ended up having to taper them both, but the Slim required much less work.

-Mike

9. Jdub6

Jdub6 Senior member

Thanks. Here hoping for a win for the slim:)

10. mdubs

11. felizuno

felizuno Active Member

Good look ^ I was just hanging my green duck chinos up (arrived yesterday) and thinking I should iron a crease into them. I ordered a size up and think the extra room looks appropriately trouser-ish for a crease with a sharp cuff just like you show :)

12. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

13. Jdub6

Jdub6 Senior member

Nice Mike, wish they had a more versatile (for me anyways) 35.5" inseam like Epaulet so you can float both ways. Splitting hairs I suppose, maybe I'll get by w/o the tailor.

14. mdubs

I took these to my tailor and had her put a traditional slack cuff on it. She did press them in. I have her press my denim also after she tapers and refines them. I really like how they came out and am glad that I did...

Here is a pic of my pressed Gray x Blacks and Okayama Standards with the pressed cuffs. The Okayama standards were Standard fit and I had her taper them a lot, the Gray x Blacks were slim fit and this is with no tapering, although I am pretty sure these are going to go back for tapering the next time I go in... I will give them one more wear before I decide for sure.

Okayama Standard with Alden Ravello Shell LWB
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gray x Black with Alden Snuff Suede LHS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Mike

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  15. Jdub6

Jdub6 Senior member

Can you taper denim (my G straights) slightly w/o totally altering the original hem?

Looking hard at the Japan Supima; sort of peculiar why an American mill (better value) such as Cone mills didn't offer this up, presumably not a "Supima" member I wonder? Same 100% ELS Pima if I'm not mistaken. Just curious.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015