Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. evolved

evolved Senior member

The sour milk smell seems to be tenacious. I hung them outside for a bit, and that's helped. We'll see...

2. keithp3521

keithp3521 Senior member

3. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

I am super excited that they got the Oxbloods 2 up and running again! I hope that they get them into production now that they have been fully backed!

-Mike

4. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

I have a brand new pair of Oxblood2s that I'm parting with if anyone is interested.

5. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

6. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

For shoes, you can wear blue or black or sneakers.
    I wear the blue shell Vibergs all the time with them.
    [​IMG]

For shirts, I wear a number of different ones, but the one that goes best is the midnight plaid.

[​IMG]

7. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

I have an old pair of NF Pomegranate dyed jeans that look almost identical. I don't wear the much anymore as they are a little bigger than I prefer but I never found it difficult to match anything to them. Almost everything that goes with indigo denim will look fine. I guess I paired navy and grey tops with them most.

8. nomeX

nomeX Well-Known Member

I'm a sucker of Oxblood... I have a pair of NF stretch, some CCS stretch indigo over red which looks oxblood, and some Dockers Khaki's that are a nice Oxblood. so yeah, I had to back these in 31 Slim- I talked myself into them since I don't have a selvedge pair. I've got my Skinny's so we'll see how the Slim's work out. For some reason, I always pair my dark denim workshirts with my Oxblood pants. Which is why I also backed the Food Tray Workshirt. If the Wabisabi Workshirt comes back, I'm screwed.

9. rbarthel

rbarthel Senior member

I just backed Oxbloods in a 35 slim. Question: The rise on the slim seems very low. How is the comfort of the slim cut?

10. nomeX

nomeX Well-Known Member

How's it compare measurement wise to what your're wearing? I have skinnys and the rise is the same as the slim. Do you wear lower rise jeans? If your hips are larger than your waist, you may be in for a tight fit. I am a 31 in Levi's and Gap sizing for low rise jeans. I order 31's in Gustin because the 32's will stretch out more than I want. I struggle with the 31 Skinnys for a week or so before they're broken in.

The comfort really depends on your leg size and if you're sizing up or down. Do you wear Straight legged jeans? The slims will be a bit more snug. Are you moving up from skinny's? The Slims will be a little looser.

11. rbarthel

rbarthel Senior member

Actually looks like the 35 slims are pretty close to the 34 N&F weird guy dirty fades I have that fit great except the waist (way too big there). I think I might be ok as the rise is similar (10.3" to 10.5")

12. nomeX

nomeX Well-Known Member

The weird guys you have are regular, not stretch, right? Most of my skinnys were stretch denim prior to my raw denim addiction. I was in for a rude awakening when I bought some Skinny Guy's with similar measurements. After a few weeks, they started to fit well, but I was worried!

13. cc3peat

cc3peat Well-Known Member

I just got the Japan Heather Grey in today, although they are awesome I should have ordered a size smaller. If anyone has something in 30 straight I might be willing to trade my 31 straights. Preferably looking for the same fabric but open to others as well.

14. rbarthel

rbarthel Senior member

Totally, they are these: https://www.blueowl.us/product/naked-and-famous-weird-guy-dirty-fade-145oz-indigo-selvedge/

The Gustin 35 slims are a little tighter through the thigh but I think there is enough room there for them to work.