Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

I found the 32 in Epaulet Wilshire fits similar to a 33 slim.
    FWIW.

2. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Senior member

^The color is nice and definitely does not look like a normal expected jean color. They also do not look out of place just different. The pattern almost looks like a herringbone if you stare at it.

I really like how thin they are and they lay really nice. The fabric has a bit of give to it and the overall effect is that you just forget that they are on. It just sort of meshes with the cling and fit and lightness.

Whenever I browse the site my eye is consistently drawn to the Italian fabrics. I'm looking forward to purchasing some more lighter weights.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  3. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Senior member

RE: Shirt cut.

I really wish there was a "lower arm hole" or slightly relaxed option of the shirt cut. Layering on the two flannels I received would be really annoying because even closer fit tshirts bunch up in the armpits. In winter weather I prefer to wear a tshirt under my flannels, not tank top undershirts.

4. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Finally got to try on the TM navy gingham today. Was my 1st gustin so took a chance on sizing. I'm very happy - it fits, seems to be well made and the fabric is beautiful.

5. GoldenBrown

GoldenBrown Member

It's not as light as I thought they would be from the pictures, but it's still a very nice almost royal blue I suppose. The weight was pretty noticeable last night in the cold, so I think it'll be pretty good for spring and summer. I do really like the look of the Italy pink ID also.

6. nomeX

nomeX Well-Known Member

I wear tight V-neck undershirts, but I can see how some would like a more relaxed fit. I purchased my workshirt in M Slim, and it meet my expectations on a Slim fit. Did you order a Classic fit?

7. reversible

reversible Member

Thanks a lot guys. I like my denim unique but subtle so the PinkID sounds sweet. Love me some herringbone.

8. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Damnit, I really wasn't planning on backing any more Gustin shirts until I got my monster twill to confirm sizing, but the fade flannel just looks so damn nice.

9. thehaven22

thehaven22 Well-Known Member

Just got my navy chinos in the mail. I'm loving the fit and the feel of these things! They were worth the long wait associated with ordering chinos from Gustin. I'm glad the fit worked out too, because I rolled the dice and had 3 chinos ordered without trying any of them. When ordering them, I thought I had spaced them out enough that I could cancel them once I got my first pair if it didn't fit. There were some delays with getting the chinos shipped out, and all three pairs should be in my hands by the middle of next week.

One detail I found odd was the extra stitching between the button holes on the button fly. I see that it's there to stop the button fly flap from opening up, but I wasn't expecting it at first and found unbuttoning them when I'm not wearing them was a little difficult. But overall, I love my chinos and I'm glad the fit is great. Can't wait for my desert duck and olive chinos to come in now.

10. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Senior member

Tall fit.

11. cthip

cthip Senior member

Got the #128 Royal Purple Flannel in the mail yesterday. It's VERY purple, and the red tones in their stock photos are much more muted in real life.

It's a 5.0 oz flannel as opposed to the 4.0 oz of the #15 Gray Ember Flannel that I got awhile back. That's a 20% increase in weight, and it definitely feels more substantial. If I had to guess without seeing the numbers, I'd (wrongly) guess that it's 40-50% heavier than the Gray Ember. It's approaching the weight of an LLBean Chamois Shirt, but with a much softer hand. It's a winning combination texture/weight-wise.

No noticeable flaws. Some thread ends sticking out, but that's no big deal--just clip them off. Stitching is the neatest I've seen on any of my Gustin shirts, although that may partially be an illusion due to the weight of the fabric. It's tougher to see the actual stitches themselves because they're "hidden" by the higher weight and nap of the flannel.

I haven't measured it, but it feels like the correct measurements based on the Fit Guide. I went for the Large-Tall cut. It's definitely too long for me, but it solves the "you can see my undies" problem I had with the side scoops of the standard shirts. If it shrinks as much as my past Gustin shirts, it should settle at a decent length when all is said and done. Ran it through one warm wash and tumble dry cycle to accelerate the shrinkage and it helped a little.

The extra length does accentuate the blousiness around the mid-section, and makes me look like a MUCH fatter dude than I actually am. The cut I really need would be a Large-Tall-Slim from Gustin, but that would really be asking too much of them. I'll wait till all the shrinkage is done and then decide if it's worth tailoring or not.

12. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Senior member

^ I got mine yesterday as well. The pattern on the shirt really is stunning, the colors are striking, and the feel of the flannel is wonderful. This is the type of flannel I'd like to buy more of.

I've looked at it like 5 times on the hanger just keep staring at the pattern as the colors really draw the eye and the pattern sucks you in.

13. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Have a tailor sew down the box pleat. It's a relatively cheap fix that'll substantially decrease the boxiness.

14. wkd80

wkd80 Active Member

bought a size m slim fit flannel shirt. the chest measurements are way off, its 1 1/2 inch too small, so its pretty much a size small. wont be purchasing anymore gustin products.

15. RohitSingh

RohitSingh Well-Known Member

I have seen some size variance in popular brands like JCrew, Ralph Lauren etc, but issue here is, after waiting for two to three months is painful, specially for someone who is in overseas, Gusting should work on this hard, I have very good experience with Tellason tho always on spot!!!