Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

So basically, you're judging other people based on your own situations and expectations?

By your logic, it's crazy to spend anything more on a shirt than the $8.97 (or whatever the price is) that Walmart charges for a t-shirt.

2. GoldenBrown

GoldenBrown Member

I'm not judging anyone else smart guy. How else can I say it. Move on and continue to bitch about your thighs being an eighth of an inch off.

3. Oldsrocket27

Oldsrocket27 Well-Known Member

Don't be dense. He has a budget for how much he can afford to spend on shirts, and right now, $140 for a gustin shirt is too much for that budget. He even specifically noted that he wasn't making his statements in judgement of others, but in regards to his own personal situation.

4. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015

5. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Do show me where he mentioned his budget or not judging others in this post...

And don't call me dense. I'm merely making a point that his experience and expectations have nothing to do with what others experience and expect.

6. gaseousclay

it's all relative. if budgetary restraints are the primary reason why you wouldn't spend a lot on a shirt that's fine. I would argue that it's not fiscally irresponsible if one has the means to afford expensive clothing. I allocate a budget for clothing purchases so that i'm spending within my means. I just ordered a $200 pair of jeans yesterday, the most i've every spent on denim I might add, and I don't regret my purchase one bit. some would view at as fiscally irresponsible, but in this situation I do not. I spend more on certain items that I view as having excellent quality, versus an inexpensive item that is overpriced. some people are willing to spend $100+ on shirting. there's nothing wrong with that.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015

7. zissou

zissou Senior member

Good thing all but one or two Gustin shirts are well below $140.

8. Phantoom

Phantoom Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Right?

As craftsman, I know that you understand the value and cost differences between the $76 shirts and the $140 shirts offered by Gustin.

I only own two Gustin shirts, and the more expensive of the two was $76 (I bought the other discounted on Ebay). I'm a pretty cheap bastard, but know value when I see it. It was harder for me to click "Back it!" on the super heavyweights... And those cost over $200 shipped. Insane? Perhaps. But if you compare them to Iron Hearts of similar weight, it's no contest on which is the lower price point (I can't comment on the quality, as I've never handled a pair of Iron Hearts). Same goes for Gustins shirts... Different fabrics have different costs, so the prices will vary from shirt to shirt. If one understands the basics of business, you will understand why the price varies.

10. gaseousclay

hehe, just caught my typo.

11. zissou

zissou Senior member

After buying several Gitman Vintage shirts because they were the best option at the time despite being perpetually unhappy with the fit, I'll always see Gustin shirts as a tremendous value. The Japanese fabrics, slim fit option, longer sleeve length, high arm holes, and superior construction all make Gustin shirts winners in my book. Not to mention, Gustin pricing is equivalent to the best sale price one is likely to find for Gitmans. And, I'm happy to support a small business doing something interesting.

12. Louys

Louys Senior member

Sizing question:

I'm looking to get a pair of the Japan Heather Greys when they come back. Based on the size chart alone I'd say I'm a 29 slim, for reference Epaulet's 29 in the Wilshire cut fits me perfectly. Does that sound about right?

13. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

anyone miss out on the indigo slub chambray hat? pm me

14. reversible

reversible Member

How's the color on those? Been looking for a summer pair and they seem nice. And how thin is 9oz?

As mentioned, I'm looking for a summer pair but I'm pretty picky on the color. How's yours?

15. exophobe

exophobe Senior member

The chinos are killing them right now, I've heard of people getting them, but it's definitely slow going right now. It seems like they're trickling out of the sew-shop and being shipped as they fall into Gustin's hands. Though I doubt that does much to make you feel better, know that you're not the only one in that boat.