Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Still digging my Super Lights... Worn with Pendleton wool shirt and Frye boots.

[​IMG]

2. tmchow

tmchow Senior member

First wash of my kickstarter standards.
    [​IMG]

3. RohitSingh

RohitSingh Well-Known Member

Kickstarter??? Wow!! how many months? Lets see what comes out of it :)

4. ojaw

ojaw Senior member

Took me awhile to figure out the pic, looked like some kind of capsule that I wouldn't want to ingest.

5. evolved

evolved Senior member

I did the first wash of my Oka Standards yesterday after about 10 months of wear. Cold water + half cup of woolite black + soak for 20 minutes. Not much fade, but I didn't want that....they look nice and crisp again.

6. RohitSingh

I would imagine 4 to 5 days a week for 10 months, correct!!! Love to see pictures tho [​IMG]!!! Enjoy!!!

7. GoldenBrown

GoldenBrown Member

So no pictures yet because I'm lazy, but my Jap Union Blues are pretty much perfect. They were a little tight when I first put them on, which was to be expected, but have already loosened up nicely. I could probably have gone with a 34, but honestly I love the way these fit and look so much I think I made the right choice. I have a pair of Unbrandeds, two pairs of N&F, and they don't touch the fit of the Gustin Slims.

My wife bought me a pair of black Combatant Gentleman that haven't gotten to me yet, but after those, I won't be buying anymore jeans. I may even try to sell one of my N&F pairs (size 36 SG Antique Blue, worn a handful of times, $60 shipped) [​IMG]. I plan on making these my daily drivers until they're trashed, at which point I'll back another pair of Gustin's, unless they're prices creep up too much.

And I didn't take a measuring tape to them, because that's bizarre(to me) for a pair of jeans. Its also bizarre to spend $140 on their shirts, so I'll never back those. But for denim, hell yes.

8. RohitSingh

Cool!!!

9. prisonstrength

prisonstrength Senior member

Why is it bizarre to spend $140 on their shirts?

10. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Is it bizarre to have clothing that fits properly? I'm confused as to why taking a tailor's tape to a pair of jeans is bizarre... I'm also confused as to why you think it's bizarre to pay $140 for shirts? Many people would find it odd to pay more than $30. Others think that paying less than $300 is ridiculous. Everyone has their threshold, why paint as bizarre anyone who is different from you?

11. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

I agree with this. If you find a shirt that fits perfect and is constructed with quality fabrics then why wouldnt you pay that much for it? I have shirts as inexpensive from Gustin from $69 all the way up to the $150 Thomas Mason flannel which I wore today. Their fit is perfect for me, the style is great for a casual shirt, and most importantly to me is that I know when I buy one its going to be fantastic. Other manufacturers also offer great shirts at the lower, the same, or higher but in terms of wearability/durability I would say Gustin provides tough competition to others out there. Yes I know people complain about wait times but thats what you signed up for and you cant blame them if theres an issue with the production batch or if there was an issue with the cloth.

My brother was showing me shirts when we went to the mall the other day and I said unless its some pattern/fabric that is unique I have a place I shop and thats Gustin. I think I have 10-15 of their shirts and I will continue to add more. I cant wait for summer lighter weight fabric offerings.

12. dablyputs

dablyputs New Member

Has anyone else experienced extremely long wait times recently? I ordered two pairs of chinos back in October and November and neither pair has shipped yet. What's even more frustrating is that the orders page gets updated saying that the items are going to be done and the items are going to ship "toward the end of the month" and yet they never ship. This is my third and fourth pair of pants from Gustin and according to my experience one can expect an order to take anywhere between one and four months or more to complete. Am I wrong to think entire fiscal quarter seems like an unreasonable amount of time to wait for a pair of pants to be manufactured and shipped? And is it unreasonable to expect that an accurate status be reported rather than an falsely optimistic or blatantly dishonest estimates? I like the value of the clothing but this is starting to get ridiculous.

13. RohitSingh

Haha!!! Thats funny but I have heard that Rolex spend about $ 100.00 PLUS additional cost of gold where applicable and their watch from $ 4000.00 to $ 20000.00, anyways last year I bought a work jacket, dark indigo dyed canvas, corduroy collars and perfect vintage cut and within 3 months it gave beautiful contrast fades, paid $ 48.00, it was made in India Gap jacket ... :) C'est la vie!!!

14. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

I don't think it's bizarre per se, but don't see the point in spending that much when you have to wait 3+ months, especially since you're nearing the price of many other nice brands. I really like Gustin's fit, but if I'm spending 100+ on a shirt, I don't want to wait. Hell, I'd rather they tack $40-50 onto the cost and just have a more robust stock program.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015

15. GoldenBrown

GoldenBrown Member

Let me clarify my butter; to ME it's crazy to spend that much on shirts. I've always spent way more on pants, and therefore feel like the value of jeans, slacks, whatever is greater than tops.

It probably comes more from it being completely fiscally irresponsible to spend that much on a shirt. Personally, I would love one of the denim workshirts, but it just isn't in the cards right now.

Just like I would love to have disposable $700 for a pair of Vibergs. Or shit, $300 for some Red Wings for that matter.

People can do what they want, buy what they want, I don't care. But to me, in my situation, it doesn't make sense. So saying anything is bizarre was in reference to me and not anyone else's habits. Dig?