Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. tmchow

tmchow Senior member

Nice, snagged a pair!

2. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

:brick::censored:

3. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

That's what I get for finishing up a project I was working on instead of incessantly checking styleforum. :laugh:

Not that I actually need another pair of jeans, but do y'all have a wait list for pairs that are returned or something like that?

4. gustin

gustin Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

We're working on it, but not yet.

5. Dapp

Dapp Senior member

Missed out on the Grey Silk earlier as they finished up while I was putting my info in, but grabbed a pair of the Natural Indigo2 instead (barely). My NS have suffered some unfortunate crotch blowouts in the last few weeks, so I'm going to patch those up and hopefully they'll last me until these come in. Really excited about trying them out.

6. notwithit

Awesome, looking forward to it.

7. jonnyt

jonnyt Senior member

Have just received my first pair of Gustin jeans, the #60 Light Lefthand's.
    They're very tight around the topblock but because the material is only 10oz, they stretched out quite easily with only a few minutes of wear.

My question is, what's the consensus on washing before wearing? I know they're sanforised but should I expect any shrinkage at all? Am going to get them hemmed and usually wash or soak jeans first just in case.

Sorry if this has already been asked but I've looked through hundreds of posts and can't find the answer.

8. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

So, how about those Okayama Standards?

9. tmchow

tmchow Senior member

I debated this and ultimately decided this:

1. If you want to shrink up a bit and/or get rid of excess dye, the wash it. This will ultimately impact how much they will look "faded" in future.

I haven't yet washed any of my gustins.

10. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Go over to /r/rawdenim on reddit for a lot of helpful advice. The long and the short of it is, if you want high-contrast fading and super defined creases, wait before washing it. If you don't really care, then it doesn't matter at all. If you care about the fades, then handwash. If you don't then machine wash. The most important thing is to never put your raws in the dryer, because at some point they will come out with weird creases that are going to look unnatural and ugly.

11. jonnyt

jonnyt Senior member

Hey, thanks but I'm pretty familiar with raw denim, my question was more about these jeans in particular. With unsanforized, I obviously always wash or soak before wearing but with sanforized, like these gustins, I find that some pairs shrink a little and some pairs stay exactly the same. Is there any shrinkage at all expected in the gustins? If so, I'll wash before getting them hemmed, if not, I'll get them hemmed immediately. Cheers.

12. Reginald Bartholomew

Reginald Bartholomew Senior member

Dear Styleforum: get your duck on! Remember that these guys will arrive just before the spring weather they will will be absolutely perfect for does. Love the future you and get a pair of selvedge ducks!

13. 2eleven

2eleven Member

I think it depends on the fabric, not the brand. Supposedly fabric from the japanese mills will shrink more than fabric from cone. Both should only shrink only slightly. I suspect it varies with the weave as well. Personally, I'd just hem them long. I'd rather have them a little long then a little short. If you want it perfect, get them wet and throw them in a hot dryer - that should get all the shrinking taken care of. ;-)

14. notwithit

I'm waiting for these to come out in a chino cut. I'm always looking for opportunities to expose the outline of my junk in a business-casual setting.

15. Reginald Bartholomew

Reginald Bartholomew Senior member

It doesn't have to be either/or: these can be your weekend junk pants, and the chino cut your biz cas junk pants. Maximize your junk display.