Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

The big loss for some comes in the form of not getting the fabric choice they wanted for their shirt or jeans.... Yeah, it's a first world problem, but this IS StyleForum...

I've said it before, but I wear jeans by Gustin, Roy, and Tellason (and have a pair of LVC on the way). I don't have tons of different jeans, but the craftsmanship of them all is top notch. The one thing none of them do is a boot cut, which is why I've been pondering a pair of RRLs. But that's off topic here. I prefer to deal with locally produced clothing when I can. Gustin gets the nod as my favorite because of the scope of their offerings.

2. troika

troika Senior member

Why boot cut? You wear straight fit, should sit nicely on top of any boots. Also I bought a pair of the rrl slim boots and decided to taper the boot out. Just felt weird and too bro-style

3. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

My point about the middlemen wasn't that they SHOULD catch mistakes, only that their was another person in the chain that MIGHT catch mistakes. The more people that look at something defective, the more likely the defect is to be discovered. With only one person looking at products, and needing those products to be perfect, Roy is going to catch those mistakes that he does make. You think he doesn't make the occasional slip up when sewing something up? The difference is that he isn't making $12 an hour sewing stuff that has someone else's name on it (yeah, he probably makes less than that assuming he's working a hell of a lot more than 40 hours per week!)

4. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Shit, I'd wear bell bottoms if they were more widely available. I'm just a flower child born 25 years too late...

5. troika

troika Senior member

Right on man, I highly recommend RRL then. They're super affordable on ebay nowadays

6. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I was joking about the bell bottoms, but I like looser ankles on jeans sometimes. I'm still searching for the perfect fit. ;)

7. exophobe

exophobe Senior member

Just follow their fit guide. You're heading for a world of hurt right here.

8. noobedloser

noobedloser Senior member

#thenewtojthread

9. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Off-topic, but it's worth it for a pair of rigid 1947s. Something about them just works. I have other jeans, mostly from Japanese companies - Triple Works, Sugar Cane, Samurai, Dry Bones, PBJ - that I consider to be better (or at least nerdier) in terms of bells & whistles and way more interesting in terms of the denim itself. 1947s are just simple and elegant, and for whatever reason they're probably the jeans I pick up off the floor more days of the week than any other pair.

I got mine from Matches not too long ago. I went TTS at 30 x 34 and gave them two 45-minute hot soaks. The waist was pretty tight, so I used a waist stretcher to get a little more breathing room. I'm sure I could've gotten the same amount of stretch just by wearing them, but I was feeling impatient and lazy.

10. EPrest90

EPrest90 Senior member

I wear slim jeans/pants. I'm a big fan of the slim bootcut, like Levi's 527. Slim in the seat and thigh, and widens after the knee(basically straight from the knee down). Looks great over tall moto boots. Which is the only time I wear boot cut

11. prisonstrength

prisonstrength Senior member

Does anyone here have the Italy Black x Black? I'm wanting to add a pair of Black jeans to my wardrobe and these look good.

12. StopRupp

StopRupp Active Member

Well, today I got my jeans in Japan Union Blue in a slim size 32. They're what I was hoping for in every way...except the waist is too big [​IMG]
    Does anyone have suggestions on what I should do with them? I have returned a pair before, but to ship them back for $20 and store credit just to wait another 2 months to get a new pair is less than ideal. Thanks

13. Skatenc123

Skatenc123 Senior member

whats the waist measure?

14. evolved

evolved Senior member

Depending on what the waist actually measures, I might be interested in snagging those from you (if that's what you're ultimately alluding to).

Edit: Also, any pictures?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015

15. GoldenBrown

GoldenBrown Member

My Japan Union Blues came today also, my first pair of Gustins. I grabbed them out of the mailbox on my way to work, so I've only gotten a chance to look at them during red lights so far. [​IMG]

The denim looks and feels great, I'm really looking forward to trying them on in 6 hours when I get home. Even though I'm all paranoid now about the fit from this thread.

I typically wear a 36, went with a 35 slim. I'm wearing some N&F 34s right now, it took awhile to get them to the point where I could breathe. I'll update later, maybe even with some pics! [​IMG]