Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. proception

proception Member

I just received the dark oak trucker jacket and overall I'm pretty impressed with the jacket. The material is awesome, great weight to it. The only problem I will mention and I've seen it called out on some other forums, the sleeves on the jacket are pretty small, to the point where they need to be unbuttoned to get on/off. It's not so much an issue with me as I'll usually rock them with the sleeves unbuttoned, but there does seem to be some inconsistency with the sleeve sizes. Overall, very happy with the jacket, nice work Gustin.

2. ReubenR

ReubenR Senior member

Anyone else having trouble getting the site to load? It hasn't been working for me for just under 24 hrs now.

3. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

The sleeves can be an issue if you wear a watch. The cuffs on mine are tight too but I've gotten used to it so it's not an issue anymore. Agreed though, the waxed trucker is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

5. zag73

zag73 Well-Known Member

How manyvpairs have you had? Agree with you about the customer service but not the jeans. I've had 4 pairs so far and have 3 in the pipeline. Of the 4 received, 3 have had issues. In fairness, one of the pairs weren't that bad. The button at the top of the fly was out by a 1-2 cm. After a bit of wear, they stretched. Not impressed. This last pair arrived a month late. They were caught out by Christmas..because of course Christmas is totally unpredictable lol

6. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

I've probably had 10-12 pairs. From straight to slim when I was a size 32 now to a size 30. And probably 10-12 shirts. Couple accessories as well.

7. zag73

zag73 Well-Known Member

You must be one of the lucky ones. I now beginning to see what all the rants about QC are about. The pair I had with a dodgy top button, I didn't bother reporting as I didn't want to seem petty. However, the second to last pair had to be binned as the stitching on one of the legs had missed the denim and couldn't be repaired. The pair today have legs with different measurements. What makes it worse isthe one month delay in receiving them. No more Gustins for me. These issues have been reported for far too long by far too many people for them to be minor.

8. felizuno

felizuno Active Member

I have 12 pairs of Gustin jeans both slim and straight cuts, including Italian and Japanese fabrics, with weights from 10oz to 18oz. I've encountered one real sizing/spec issue, which was dealt with immediately and I was very happy. To give you a sense of how seriously they take customer service, Ren replied to one of my emails (sent late on the same day) at 10:45 PM.

Not that it's a great use of your time, but if you bring measuring tape to a store and measure several pairs of Levis tagged as the same size you'll find plenty of variation. I can say based on my closet that Gustin's variance is lower and the finished product closer to the fit guide than the same sample size of pants from Brooks Brothers. I know that's a weird comparison, but it's the only other brand I've got that many pairs from. :-/

My two cents:

1) Especially with pants if I like how they fit, feel, and look while on I could care less what the measuring tape says.
    2) I place little value in the pre-soak measurements of raw denim (or unwashed fabric in general).

9. zag73

zag73 Well-Known Member

The leg is out by almost an inch, making them uncomfortable. Ive only ever had issues with my gustin jeans. As everyone rightly points out, their customer service is good. However, I'd rather have jeans without faults and hence not need to contact them.

10. felizuno

felizuno Active Member

Yah if they're uncomfortable or look weird there's really nothing to be done. I just see a lot of people pull something (from any brand) out of the box, measure it, and then freak out without even trying the piece on.

11. zag73

zag73 Well-Known Member

Agree. However, in this instance one leg is fine and the other not. It's not something that I can live with. What makes it worse is that they were delivered a month late.

12. gaseousclay

+1. I think it depends on various factors such as brand, how heavy the fabric is and even country of origin. I have several organic blank tees that are super soft and comfortable. I also have an organic casual OCBD from REI that I thrifted awhile ago that has held up very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. gaseousclay

People buy organic for personal reasons like they would any other product. I was merely citing the reason why G's organic denim costs more, that is, organic denim is more scarce and that alone will drive up the cost. I could ask the same question about other denim brands - Why is 3sixteen denim or Rogue Territory denim $230 a pair? What makes their denim worth significantly more than G if they use the same fabrics? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. zag73

zag73 Well-Known Member

All nudie jeans are organic. They cost no more than an other jeans. Don't believe the marketing bs.

15. gaseousclay

You're comparing apples to oranges. Nudie are a much bigger company with more financial resources at their fingertips. they can probably buy in bulk which in turn will drive the cost down. it's supply/demand. Unless Gustin starts selling their jeans in every mall across the US I don't see it as marketing bs.