Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. ojaw

ojaw Senior member

It adds value to the lives of the workers who don't have to use dangerous pesticides, herbicides and chemical fertilizers to help it grow.
    It adds value to the dirt instead of using it up.
    It adds value to the bees that suffer massive die-offs from agri-chemical usage.
    It makes stuff more realistically expensive.

IMO

Sermon's over.

2. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior member

If the environmental friendliness is important enough to you to spend the extra money so be it. I was just curious if there were some other reason that people may find organic cotton more desirable to own; i.e, durability, texture, appearance, ect. But thus far, I haven't found anything.

Regarding those other brands, certainly Gustin sells most of it's products at a significant discount. But there is also a 3 month wait, inconsistent quality control, and no easy refund policy. I buy Gustin too. Though at a closer price point, I would probably choose Rogue territory or 3sixteen over Gustin. I have been happy with the two Gustin shirts I have bought (and have backed 2 more). I was not satisfied with the 23 oz. jeans that I bought and wound up selling them.

3. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior member

Yeah, I've wondered that myself. I've noticed that on some of their other products. I think some of their $150 shirts. How much effort would it be to change the product description?

4. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

As a web designer, I'd say 5-10 minutes per page, depending on how their website is built.

As to organic material...

I'd say the environmental benefit is the number one reason to use it. Everything should be organic. Surely a society as technologically advanced as ours can find a solution better than poison to keep pests off of our crops.

It's a shame that organic tends to cost so much more, as more people switch, the prices will come down.

5. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

6. joshgustin

joshgustin Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I do. I'm a small in our button downs and definitely go small in the t-shirts. You can see how our t-shirt spec compares to what you have now just to get another data point.

7. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

I compared it to my james perse ts based on their online measurements and it seems like small is perfect

8. ojaw

ojaw Senior member

Honestly, many of the organically grown cotton (and especially hemp) products I've purchased in the past haven't worn or lasted as well as the chemically farmed stuff.
    I think it's mostly down to the limited quality control that was available to smaller producers in the past, and I applaud Yvon Chouinard at Patagonia for taking the huge step of going all organic on his cotton stuff back in 1996. I have problems with Pata's approach to many other aspects of their products, but no company is perfect. His move was a real watershed and inspired other medium-sized makers (like MEC in Canada) to change over.

9. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I've had the opposite experience with organic cotton. Everything I've had that was organic has lasted longer, worn more comfortable, and looked better than non-organic fabric. Of course, most of it has been Patagonia, so perhaps it just has been made better...

10. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Any chance of getting Tees in 100% Pima cotton? I have a short I got a few years back by Robert Barakett. The weight, feel, and drape are unworldly. I swore it was some tech fabric, but it says Pima cotton. Thick, and the color is TIGHT; a must for any basic Tee.

How do you guys like the current organic cotton tees? Tempted by the 3 pack.

11. neekoh

neekoh New Member

Got my camel herringbone CPO a couple of weeks ago. I was surprised at how thin a 'jacket' it was, and I don't like that the 90% wool is a bit scratchy. However, the fit on me is great, and I've gotten a lot of compliments on it.

I'm 5'7", 168-170, usually wear a 40S suit coat.

12. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

I buy my organic tee blanks from Royalapparel.net, so I'm not tempted by G's offerings one bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Kevk

Kevk Well-Known Member

Sounds like me and you are about the same build, CPO a medium?

14. neekoh

neekoh New Member

15. zag73

zag73 Well-Known Member

Just received my 4th pair of gustins. No surprise that QC issues have struck again. Out of the 4, 2 have had construction issues and the latest have had a sizing issue. I'm afraid I'll not be purchasing from them again. They've got great customer service. However, their products are severely lacking. Its like their customers are here to fulfill the role of QC.