Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. SteveH35

SteveH35 Senior member

2. exophobe

exophobe Senior member

I seem to have caused some sort of weird quoting business. Dunno if I can edit, will try.

3. ojaw

ojaw Senior member

Hah, no worries.

[​IMG]

4. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Oh, man. If they bring heavy brushed twills (or enzyme washed stuff), I will kop recklessly.

5. nomeX

nomeX Well-Known Member

My Loomstate's came in today! Unfortunately, they were supposed to be a 33 Skinny, when in reality they were more like 31 Skinny, which is what all my orders have been. Gustin must have gotten the same person to do my entire order, because that's the only reason I can think as to why someone would sew up a 31 Skinny and throw a "33" tag on it. I sent an email to Gustin- I hope they can remedy this.
    On another note, I also received my Herringbone Jeans (31 Skinny) and Dark Oak Chore Coat (Small). The Dark Oak fits better than my Indigo x Indigo- the shoulders are a tad wider, and the sleeves are a little shorter in comparison. Pics to follow.

6. rawrz

rawrz Well-Known Member

Man. Gustin Chinos are amazing. I'm going to need to get more. @joshgustin put out more chinos, dude!!

7. proteinnerd

proteinnerd Well-Known Member

Can anyone offer advice on size. I've got a pair of 33 Gustin straight super lights.

The waist is actually a quite loose but across the front of my hips/crotch is crazy tight. I don't have a huge butt (or err crotch) but the waist to hip ratio seems way off??

Is this just the general cut of Gustin's and I should probably size up to 34 from now?

They have stretched out over the last 2-3 days and I can wear them, put there is visible pulling on the button fly and to be honest, I don't think I will get that much wear before they tear there.

8. RohitSingh

RohitSingh Well-Known Member

OK so today I received my first Gustin Workshirt "The Cone 101 Workshirt" , tell you what I would not mind even paying $ 300.00 for it, its such a wonderful combination of beautiful denim with perfect thread color, made me speechless!!! I do have experience with some hyped brands like Ironheart, mr. freedom and few other Japanese brand plus some american brands like Rouge Territory, Tellason denims.

Ironheart is most hyped overpriced but its not for masses and it wont make you look different in crowed, I guess its just for you, IH is just proudly copied american :D brand, & Mr. Freedom only look nice in pictures in hand you end up scratching your head, Rouge Territory is american but modern short cut on vintage, looks pretty good , but expensive, Tellason is good with some big gussets not bad still expensive. Most of Japanese cuts are short good on under 5' 10", other hand Gustin WS feels like made tall (I am 6' 1" but still wish it was at least a inch shorter, specially at gusset as I love deep cut gussets, look at the picture below, length is not a problem but gusset cut is kind of low), but I am sure wearing it for a month once shirt's back start rolling a bit will look excellent!!! I am impressed Gustin!!! Now my eyes are open to grab as many as I could :) Thanks[​IMG]

I

9. exophobe

exophobe Senior member

Can you remind me who makes this one?

10. RohitSingh

RohitSingh Well-Known Member

11. felizuno

felizuno Active Member

@joshgustin Would instantly back that Okayama GxG as a work shirt if that's ever possible.

12. nomeX

nomeX Well-Known Member

Here's a picture of my "33 Skinny" Loomstates with my 31 Skinny Herringbones: [​IMG]

I know Gustin said to size up, but why send out jeans marked "33" that don't come close to measuring what they show on the fit chart? These are clearly 31's, and now I have to gamble on them having my correct size?

Other companies that sell unsanforized denim have sizing charts. I'm pretty sure they stick to them. Gustin said that these have been sewing up a little smaller, but unless they're washing them, that doesn't explain the two size difference.

So far I've gotten three pairs of jeans from Gustin and these are the first ones I've had an issue. I was just a little put off by the email that began with: "We're sorry they didn't work out for you..." Um no, the jeans are mislabeled.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015

13. Rene_Lahm

Rene_Lahm Senior member

I think that's some kind of statement that they're told to make when responding to an issue. I had a pair that was cancelled due to quality control, they offered an additional credit, and when I opted to take a pair they already had they just credited me the price difference and didn't follow through with that initial offer. The response was the same "sorry the transaction didn't work out for you" etc, etc. It worked out and I ended up getting the Heavy Americans. But, I would feel the same way as you. Seems like their standard response .

14. zissou

zissou Senior member

I received my first Gustin button down shirt (Japan blue oxford in slim medium) today, and damn if it isn't the best fitting shirt I've ever worn. Everything is perfect, shoulders, chest, sleeve length(!), collar, armholes... which is not easy for me being 6'2" and 160lbs. It is enough of a classic fit to look good on its own, but slim enough to wear under a heavy knit without a lot of bunching. The construction is so nice as well, and I received it sooner than I expected. Now, I'm just eagerly awaiting the other five that I backed.

Thanks, @joshgustin! Will you guys be doing any linen shirts in the spring? Heavier linens are preferred.

15. joshgustin

joshgustin Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Glad you like the shirt. I actually just hit on some amazing linen blend indigo chambrays that we'll put putting out soon. Got a lot of warmer weather shirting coming.