Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. nomeX

nomeX Well-Known Member

That is excellent news! I also wear a 31 in Levis 511's and just started getting in my 31 Skinny jeans in my Sixteener, Black x Red, Black x Black, and Postal Herringbone. These are a little snug, but I can get the top buttoned, so it looks like the 32 Skinny would have been too big for me as well. Time to back those Brown Organics!

2. Phantoom

Phantoom Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015

3. zissou

zissou Senior member

I just backed the concrete selvage oxford, #6 for me. Looks like my Japan blue oxford is set to ship, so I'll know if I actually am sizing correctly :embar:

They don't look all that dramatic to me. Maybe you need a tall size?
    [​IMG]

4. Mutombo

Mutombo Senior member

Check out the newish "tall" fit on their shirts. The scoops aren't as dramatic and the shirt is longer which works better for tucking.

5. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

I totally agree with @Phantoom. The front looks unnecessarily long due to the dramatic scooping. What I would change:

• Less dramatic scoop
    • Shorter default length / offer a "short" cut /1 more button to make hemming easier; if I hem it to 26" (perfect untucked length), I might have to lose the last button, but then there is too much distance from the hem to the next button.
    • Trim the sleeves slightly (like 1/4" in diameter)

Your oxfords are the perfect weight and I love the construction. I backed the pink selvedge; hoping the fabric is super soft (enzyme washed?).

Nice drop today, @joshgustin. Appreciate your team always listening.

Edit:

Pleats are fine :)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015

6. TheJackOfHearts

TheJackOfHearts New Member

What other brands offer jeans with a fit similar to Gustin's skinny fit? That is, I want to know what the fit of the skinny cut is close to, in terms of other brands.

7. unrooted

unrooted Senior member

The closest fit I have to my Gustin slims are my Levi 514, the Gustins are 35 and the levis are 34x34.

I wish I could find a decent pair of jeans that fit as well as my Joe's Brixton Straight & Narrow. . .the denim Joe's uses is not so great.

8. kbuzz

kbuzz Senior member

Hello all quick question for newbie to the brand. Last week ordered a size 35 in the no. 154 Japan Royal Indigo. I have a true 35 inch waist . Would you stick with this size or down one?

9. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

Thank you Josh! Can't wait for them!

10. th3buhbuh

th3buhbuh Senior member

If you are comfortable (actually ideal fit) in 35" waists and the corresponding (slim/straight/skinny) thigh/leg opening measurements are good, I'd definitely say 34s. Even if they come in on the lower end of the fit guide, a lot of fabrics can stretch around that inch and certainly the half inch if they are spot on. Take that as you will because I've never handled the #154s, but I really doubt it will be an issue.

But seriously, if the measurements of your comfortably fitting 35" waist-ers fall in line (you really need to check the thighs and leg opening too as they won't stretch much), I see no reason for that to be bad. And if they fall OUTSIDE tolerance (>half inch out of spec), tell Gustin. It will suck if they don't have replacements (probably won't), but they WILL take care of you.

11. kbuzz

kbuzz Senior member

Thanks for the rapid reply. As this is my first " trial" pair and I'm on the thin side , I am only focusing on the waist right now. I appreciate the info, and it is important. So I guess the question is whether the 154 will stretch in the waist. If so it seems yor recommendation to size down , is a good one:D

12. ojaw

ojaw Senior member

Both my Gustins, denim and chino, fit me well.
    They are tagged 33, my waist at the navel measures 33.

13. exophobe

exophobe Senior member

The best advice is truly that which Gustin gives you on the site. Measure a comfortable fitting pair of jeans as they describe. I recommend you pull them fairly tight, and then order the Gustin waist size closest to that number. If you like them tight, round down to the nearest and they will stretch. If you don't, round up to the nearest and then when you wash them someday you'll be able to get them stretched back out to where they were fairly easily. In the end, though, measuring your waist isn't going to guarantee your jeans fit, since that's not the way Gustin sizes jeans.

Once you've got that part, be sure to compare the front rise, thigh, and knee figures on the size (and fit) you decide on, since that will make a huge difference in your comfort level.

Regarding the JRI, they seem to be a pretty forgiving fabric (wearing them right now), and fairly soft, so they should give in to your whims pretty easily. I think you said you have skinny legs, so I don't think I'd recommend you size up, unless you prefer a loose fit.

14. ojaw

ojaw Senior member

That's wierd, styleforum just called me kbuzz.

15. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

+1, that's some solid advice.