Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Thanks for this recap. Do you have any pics of you wearing it?

2. th3buhbuh

th3buhbuh Senior member

I grabbed the Woolrich Hbone and the Pendleton Multicolor. The extra pockets are not weird while wearing the jacket. For how it fits, I think they work just as well (aesthetically) as the very similar Engineer Garments one, which is probably where the inspiration came from. The Hbone is a bit thin feeling which makes sense, given it's only 8oz or so, but it was noticeably good at blocking wind. I had a Taylor Stitch Yosemite on underneath and was very comfortable in moderate wind and 35-ish degrees (though that may be more the Yosemite than anything). The black lining is nice and I think it would benefit from being fully lined with it (both for comfort if you ever wear non-long sleeves and to cut the friction of putting it on). The multicolor is much heavier (and a really awesome coloration) and I like it a lot more, but it fits a bit bigger (haven't measured for spec tolerance).

My only issues with mine are the collar (which has been mentioned) and that the multicolor had two bad button rivets and a missed stitch on the left arm pocket lining. G sent new button/rivet sets to me (I was given the option of sending it back for repair or having it done myself - both options involved them paying for shipping/tailoring costs). I would very much recommend that anyone who gets one triple check their buttons before heading out the first time.

3. delluminatus

delluminatus Well-Known Member

Woolrich Herringbone CPO (grey)
    Outlier x2

The white balance is a little off on these pictures, the lighting in my apt. is very yellowish.

For reference, I am 6'1" about 160 lbs. This is a size M.

In reference to the pockets, I find that the fabric is so textured that the pockets blend in a bit. I don't feel like they're too ostentatious, but you can judge for yourself.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015

4. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

@joshgustin

Loving these chinos and hope you bring them in many more fabrics (flannels, herringbone, wool, cotton-linen, cord).

The only change I'd make is to the placket (?) over the button fly. It doesn't seem to extend enough to cover the raised seam underneath.

And before anyone cracks jokes, the crotch and waist are nowhere near tight.

[​IMG]

5. cyclonus

cyclonus Member

I miss a cut in between the slim and the straight cut. Something in the line of the typical, slightly tapered slim straight fit like the N&F Weird Guy, UB201 or the 3sixteen SL-Gang.

6. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

I wore it today for a few (not great quality) fit pics. This shows the collar issue well.
    I would imagine if I had it sent to get dry cleaned they could press it flatter.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. NXNW

NXNW Senior member

I'd say we're mostly in the same boat. I love the fit, material, how light it is compared to other CPOs and the updated EG look with the pockets. Heavy duty work/overshirt. But if I had to gripe hand pockets that double as game pockets inside would make this garment hit all bases for me , and maybe a 1/4-1/2 inch shorter collar.

For those who collars were creased in shipping, I wrapped some over-ear headphones around mine overnight and it flattened out fine.

Overall feeling about this heavy shirt/jacket at this price, muy bueno

8. rawrz

rawrz Well-Known Member

I can't beleive the stock orders didn't go out yesterday!!

9. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Thanks for the input, y'all. I'll let him know that the Okayama Standards are good but to keep an eye out for whatever looks good.

10. zissou

zissou Senior member

LOL. Some of you guys are way too impatient.

11. rawrz

rawrz Well-Known Member

I just don't want to have to do laundry this week.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015

12. nomeX

nomeX Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Slim Medium Cone 101. I normally get Smalls, but I didn't think I would be able to button the neck. I wish the sleeves were a little shorter, and that the shoulders fit a little better. Perhaps after a wash things will fit better. I am pleased with the shirt. My stats: 5'7", 164 lbs, 32" waist, 15 1/2" neck, 33" sleeve, 40S jacket.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015

13. zissou

zissou Senior member

Thanks, nomeX. That is promising for me. I'm waiting on some slim M shirts and have the same dimensions as you, but am 7" taller. I'm hoping the sizing comes up just right on me.

14. nomeX

nomeX Well-Known Member

ZISSOU- You have the same dimensions as me but are 7" taller? I'm picturing you as a Giraffe neck, or Daddy Long Legs! Surely, we don't have the same arm length?

15. unrooted

unrooted Senior member

FYI:

I successfully took about an inch out of the waist of my Heavy Americans (Slim 35) by soaking the waist band in boiling hot water and throwing them in the Dryer. The dryer put those terrible creases in the legs, so I soaked the entire pair of jeans in hot water (in the washing machine), then hung them out to dry for 6 hours. They stiffened up like a pair of 501's.

I now wear a belt with the jeans and I'm hoping that the waist does not stretch out too much.

The jeans arrived with a waist measuring 37" (using Gustin's measuring advice), they are now at 36.25 after a few days of wearing with a belt.

Overall I like this pair of jeans, the 17 oz Cone doesn't feel nearly as heavy as I would like, but more like a slightly thicker denim than a pair of STF 501s. Hopefully I can find a pair of Slim Heavy Japans, if I could order them now I should have them right when summer hits! Too bad I don't know which size to order, if they actually came in the size that Gustin claims via their fit guide a 35 would be perfect. . .

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015