Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

I can't comment on your size but, in my experience, the cuff opening on the straights tends to be at or below the listed measurement. I have a couple pairs of 32 straights that measure 7.75-8" which is the sweet spot for me. I don't see the measurements being anywhere near bell bottom range though personally. I find they fit pretty similar to the pictured fit which is my preferred look.

2. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

the straight fit guide lists the cuff opening on the following sizes as:

33 waist: 18"
    34 waist: 18"
    35 waist: 18.25"

I would technically wear the 35" waist and if you divide18.25" then the cuff opening comes in at 9.125". My cutoff limit is 8.25" - anything bigger than that would look silly

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015

3. univibe88

univibe88 Senior member

Sounds like you should get slim fit then

4. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Looks silly on you, perhaps. Get the slim.

5. 4characters

4characters Senior member

Well spotted, they are White’s. The boots actually have the SJ last with a soft toe which makes it look sort of like the swing last because the soft toe comes up a bit after some use.

6. Hobbs32Reg

Hobbs32Reg Member

I'm looking for a pair of Gustin 31 or 32 slim if anyone has a pair they want to unload. No Hemps please otherwise send me a DM. Thanks

7. ojaw

ojaw Senior member

^^ Ah cool, I have a pair with the swing, awesome boots though the 269 sole is useless in winter - that's ok though, I probably wouldn't subject them to the copious amounts of salt and sand that they use here anyway.

8. TomR77

TomR77 Member

My Heavy Americans arrived today with one perforation through the right back leg and two other almost-perforations nearby. With fraying of white threads nearby this is very noticeable and a disappointment, because I have waited three full months and now might not have wearable jeans until after the winter months are over.
    I ordered 30 slim and they fit ok but maybe a little looser in the seat than I expected.
    Tom

9. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

10. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Oof. Have always wanted this, but the JP repro brands are price prohibitive for me. Madras fabrics for spring. Speckled chambray shirts. Snap closures on shirts, pearled button heads. Boiled wool, to make it non-itchy Flannel lined chore coats Denim chore coats. (Left hand twill, 12-14 oz, flannel lined?!) Hacking/side entry pockets on chore coats, trimmer sleeves so it can work in place of a casual blazer. +1 on the CPO with less pockets. Two equally sized chest pockets and one internal would be superb. They otherwise feel amazing. Really beefy hoodies (come on, some of us live in the Sunset/Richmond parts of SF!) Donegal Tweed CPO, Chore Coats, outerwear. That USN deck jacket with storm flap is truly something. I prefer the Mister Freedom Troy Jacket over the Orvis. You guys out out great stuff, @joshgustin!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015

11. bigblack

bigblack Member

Finally received my Cone 101 WS today. After a 2 month delay and lots of bugging, Gustin did not disappoint me today. First impression is not bad at all. They could have went with contrast stitching instead of the blue thread. The fit is pretty good for my body but you can be the judge of that.

[​IMG]

12. Kwaker

Kwaker Senior member

You sized well ... should look less boxy after the 1st wash.

13. bigblack

bigblack Member

Thank you. Its a regular XXL. This shirt actually fits rather than my other three Gustin shirts. I can't button the waist in my heavy indigo chambray and japan oxford shirts. It feels a little boxy right now, but I can tell the denim will relax with more wear. I leave to St. Martin tonight so I will do a wash when I come back next week

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015

14. BernieIsMyCat

BernieIsMyCat Senior member

I have 3 straights and 5 slims, and in all cases, the measured cuff opening was within 1/4" of Gustin's fit guide. I started with straight because I came to Gustin via Levis 501 STF and I was concerned about the lower rise of slim. Those fears have since been eradicated and I would never go back to straight. If in doubt, go with slim (or maybe skinny).

15. Jdub6

Jdub6 Senior member

Same here; my straights below the knees are a bit billowy after wear (coming from someone who likes a bigger cuff for boots). Slims from here on out as it works great for everything (sneaker, boots, etc.), awesome fit overall, love em.