Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Jdub6

Jdub6 Senior member

Can't believe I'm about to get another one:); was pretty set on the orange but that sky blue is really nice....

2. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Lol, in that case, you would enjoy The Official Thrift Discounted Store Bragging Thread.

When you proxy from Japan IH shirts cold be had for about a hundred less or even more if you know where to look. For the quality, IH is worth the extra $.

3. raddoc

raddoc Well-Known Member

Done some proxying...decided self edge overprice is better than the proxy time sink

4. barrelntrigger

I've cop IH634S slightly used from Japan, $115 shipped to my house. Literally spent 5 minutes and found them online.

5. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior member

I'm sure there are some great values out there if you are savvy in scouring the earth looking for products. Rakuten is another option. Even in the $200 range one could argue that IH or FH shirt is a great value. But those options aren't the right ones for everyone and there are always pitfalls and trade-offs. Gustin is a quality domestic option that sells shirts that could easily be sold retail for twice what Gustin charges. I know because most of my shirts aren't Gustin and I have paid retail. I've got nothing against people with bad experiences coming forward, but I don't know why trolls who deny being interested in the brand to begin with keep interjecting their unwanted opinions.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  6. Jdub6

Jdub6 Senior member

I suppose there are parallels with Gustin workshirts. I have zero familiarity with workshirts besides my Gustin #9 Zim and I love it. I remember reading about equivalents (i.e, value wise, etc.) and many "wouldn't even consider a Gustin Workshirt" there again prices seem to be considerably more among stated FH, IH, etc. I'm just curious as I'm new to this crazy denim world. Did see in the Momo thread a denim jacket that looked off the f*&*^! hook:)

Edit: Speaking of these other established brands and vintage, I wish Gustin could give an option on rivet color (i.e., copper:).

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  7. thehaven22

thehaven22 Well-Known Member

Today I received my first clothing item from Gustin, the classic chambray (https://www.weargustin.com/campaigns/1122), in size XS Slim. When I first opened the package and felt the shirt, it was a lot heavier than any shirt I've had before. I was impressed with the material of the shirt. I read about past Gustin items coming in smaller than the size guide on the site, so I was worried because the size guide numbers would have been perfect except for the sleeve length for me.

When I measured the shirt, the chest and waist came out .5" smaller than the fit guide, while the length of the shirt and sleeve length were spot on. The neck opening was a bit smaller and the shoulder was a tad larger, but overall the shirt was wearable for me. I wish the chest and waist were more on spec and the sleeve length was .5", but I knew the sleeve length would be long for me going in and the shirt is solid overall. After putting it through the wash, I didn't feel much shrinkage.

Am I a believer in Gustin now? Although I was impressed by the material and a lot of Gustin shirt swatches that have gone up have been great, I might just wait for some grab bags. I think the fit is too tight in the chest and waist for me to start replacing my wardrobe with Gustin shirts. The regular XS seems too large in the chest for my liking too. I own the slim fit XS Uniqlo oxfords and the Gustin shirts are slimmer by a tiny bit. The shirt will be a great casual shirt for me nonetheless. I also realized I'm too impatient for the Gustin model. I'm looking forward to my chinos coming in by the end of the month, which I have heard good things about.

[​IMG]

8. barrelntrigger

I have about 5 pairs of Gustin jeans. I enjoy wearing them and for the price, I think they are great quality and the cut is good on me. But their shirts' measurement just won't work for me. I'm pretty sure their shirts are made with care and are of good quality but when it comes to the fit, I would have to size up and spend the extra money to tailor it to my size. Anyhow, anyone knows whatever happened to their Terry Crew sweatshirts? I've yet to see them being offered on their site.

9. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

@joshgustin, glad to see the heavyweight twills up on the site. Are they going to become a repeat offering, maybe including some additional colorways?

10. joshgustin

joshgustin Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hope to have more styles if we can get our hands on them. Nothing certain yet though. What are you after?

11. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Cool. I'd love to see something with a darker base color - burgundy, forest green, charcoal, or dark khaki - maybe with less white. Fits well with the heavier winter fabric IMO.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  12. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior member

I would like to see the Indigo Jacquard Chambray Jacquard back for Spring. The last time it was released it was totally at the wrong time of year. That's a total Spring shirt. So I hope it's back in the next month or so so it's available for late March, April, May.

13. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

received mine earlier this week and it's a fantastic shirt.

14. CasvalRD

CasvalRD Well-Known Member

I'd love a red fabric like this odd fishtail shirt jacket from NEEDS&WANTS. The texture on it just looks amazing.

15. th3buhbuh

th3buhbuh Senior member

Josh said they didn't like the initial round and were reworking them. That was...mid/late Fall, shortly before the CPO came out. If I remember correctly at least. I've been waiting on them as well.