Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. JasonYeckel

JasonYeckel Senior member

Sorry forgot to quote on last post. Shirts can be ok, had a few undersize those were almost a year ago though, also had issues with the cuff stitching not being clean some times it walked in other places like the shoulder yoke, and 3/5 of the shirt i got had messed up button holes for the last horizontal the red stitch was not even covering all the shirt fabric. For the price these days i would go with WvG as i am a member. Sizing issues is just dont listen to Gustin just size up would recommend ebay sales for quick checks or the gustin stock store to get it in hands to test then be burdened with reselling. Though that might be because i never liked the fit you hear me be all picky if the shirt fits and has none of the issues above you got a good deal, wish they had the "tall" option earlier might not have soured me.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  2. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

That was my immediate thought. My offhand guess is that someone just got the wrong size from the initial order (or didn't like it for whatever reason) and they fulfilled my order with the return. I'm not seeing any flaws.

I will say that I like the color of the fabric better in the product shots (where there appears to much more grey and have maybe a hint more green) than in person (where it's more of a true khaki), but I definitely still like it enough to keep it.

3. JasonYeckel

Then you sir lucked out.

4. BernieIsMyCat

BernieIsMyCat Senior member

I also wear JCrew Med Slim, and the fit is like yours. Gustin regular in Medium is too small around my neck and upper chest. So I wouldn't recommend it. I've been thinking about trying Large Slim, but haven't yet. If it works for you, let us know.

5. EPrest90

EPrest90 Senior member

Take them to a tailor. Darting its pretty cheap. My guy charges 16, which is a little high, but he's really good, very close, and a cool guy so I continue to use him.

6. raddoc

raddoc Well-Known Member

Question: Why does JY look at the Gustin site "just for fun?"

7. JasonYeckel

Stuff i might have liked but i know the quality will bum me out once i receive it. So i just look for fun. Helps in later purchases down the road from other vendors sometimes. as well all i can do is purchase form the site so when i go there and don't purchase anything i say it was "for fun"

8. Wildling

Wildling Well-Known Member

So, you don't buy Gustin. Just look at it. Come to a forum and troll the official affiliate thread and post nothing but negative posts about the company.

Go away troll.

9. raddoc

raddoc Well-Known Member

Yes Wildling, that's what I was getting at with my question, though I guess it was a bit too subtle. I wonder why Oakstreet pulled their official thread...hmmmm

10. Wildling

Wildling Well-Known Member

I've never been one to beat around the bush. Get to the point kind of guy :)

I know it's rather obvious pointing out a troll.After all, obvious troll is obvious as they say. Just getting old seeing this guy posting in this thread and the moderators or admins doing nothing about it. At what point do they step in anyway? I'd rather not see Gustin pull the thread when a moderator can clearly nip this in the bud.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  11. JasonYeckel

*shrugs* Reading descent is to hard for some I guess. i posted good things when i was younger ;)

Customer complaints? or just "trolls"? I thought the deadpan delivery i had was not too subtle either.

12. Jdub6

Jdub6 Senior member

Would pick up the super heavy twill minus the scoops. That fabric is beautiful.

13. raddoc

raddoc Well-Known Member

I'm all over that super heavy twill...like the scoops on their shirts too

14. Jdub6

Jdub6 Senior member

IDK, certainly takes away from the vintage vibe for me. Like all my G shirts and I can't really find an equivalent in this price range though.(?) Do people seriously pay like $300 for Iron Heart shirt? Am I missing something?

15. raddoc

raddoc Well-Known Member

People USED to

Yes, I have a closet full of IH and FH flannels...I like them a lot but they are ridiculously priced...Gustin quality and fabric is just as good...however, if you want a super super super heavy flannel you need IH at this time