Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Interesting. I sized up to a large in the two flannels I ordered from Gustin in order to up the sleeve length (this was a while ago, before there were large or tall fits). Not sure I could've swing a medium, although the body probably would've fit better. Oddly, when I tried a slim large in the workshirt, it was about a size too big everywhere, including the sleeve length.

I'll be interested to hear how the slim mediums work out for you.

@joshgustin, any plans for a five-panel cap that doesn't have a contrasting brim?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015

2. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior member

They're currently offering a T-shirt 3 pack for $39 which is the same price per shirt as $26 for two. I won't be buying the $50 T-shirt because I don't care enough about a T-shirt to spend that much money on one. Many people feel the same way about spending more than $50 on a pair of jeans, yet I've spent 7x that on my Samurai's. I don't think there is anything wrong with Gustin mixing in pricier models, $200 jeans or $50 T-shirts, in with their bargain models. Those items do seem to get funded so there must be an audience.

3. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

The price is because people seem to back anything Gustin puts up. It actually boggles my mind that people will back this kind of stuff, along with $150 Thomas Maison shirts and such, when you're looking at a 2 month wait. There are plenty of brands that offer made in the US products with great fabrics for comparable pricing to Gustin.

4. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Examples?

5. JasonYeckel

JasonYeckel Senior member

6. ojaw

ojaw Senior member

"made in china"
    Is that a borough in NYC that I'm not familiar with?

7. raddoc

raddoc Well-Known Member

Exactly, made in China and of a lower end Thomas mason fabric. You won't find comparables to Gustin at their price point ...that is the whole point of their model ...

8. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

how do you know that it's a lower end quality fabric? sounds like some of you are trying to justify your expensive purchases when a similar item can be had cheaper. when Gustin first offered their Thomas Mason line my first thought was J.Crew.

9. gaseousclay

check out http://www.royalapparel.net/ . they offer organic, organic bamboo, organic/recycled blend, etc., at affordable prices. made in the USA (but not all of their stuff).

10. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Is it confirmed that Gustin is using TM fabric from the silverline or better? They didn't mentioned it and that was the reason why I didn't back the fabric.

I'm not sure what type of fabric Jcrew uses for it's TM shirts, but they definitely have a different feel than the the silverline fabrics.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015

11. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Half of the reason most people support Gustin is for the 'Made in America' label. To me, that is worth paying a little extra.

12. zissou

zissou Senior member

OK, Royal Apparel maybe competes for tees. But, I'd sincerely like to see anyone put forth another brand that offers button down shirts in multiple fits and made from Japanese fabrics for well under $100. I've been looking for a long time and haven't seen one. Made in USA is great, but it doesn't even need to be part of the equation.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015

13. gaseousclay

being made in the US was the only reason I bought my trucker, and the price.

14. falathar

falathar Senior member

WvG

15. zissou

zissou Senior member

^Only a few of them, and only on sale. I've personally had enough unpleasant experiences with that brand to not want to buy from them.