Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. 2eleven

2eleven Member

Ha! My 32s measured the same as your 31s. Sounds like 31s and 32s are the same pant. :)

BTW, I'm assuming you're measuring yours unworn. They do stretch considerably with wear.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  2. tmchow

tmchow Senior member

Quote: As I said before the heaviest pair I have are the original Kickstarter 12.5oz standards. All other pairs I've bought (3) have been lighter weight (9oz, 10oz, 10oz) and all fit larger than the 12.5oz kS Standards. Anyone else experienced this?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  3. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TaB Here are a couple pics of the thirteeners next to my Broken Weave. I washed mine a couple of times in the beginning to get the excess dye out so you wont see the fades or lines that most are striving for. The Broken weave have stretched out nicely. I am looking to sell or trade the thirteeners for something 1/2 to 1 inch larger. These are @35 inches after about 8 wears, hemmed to 31 in inseam. Maybe somebody has a pair too large and they want to size down. Broken weaves are on the left

Have a a great week

DuckOB

4. michaeljohnr

michaeljohnr Senior member

Prefacing this by saying I really like the fabrics and style of the shirting, I wanted to ask if anyone else finds them slightly tight across the second button down.

I am a 38 regular and wear a slim fit in all shirts, but find the Gustin medium fit ever so tight across this area. I would not size up because the arms would be too long with the extra length.

With two buttons undone, it's not noticeable at all. But in a work setting, where it's not really appropriate to wear a shirt that way it's slightly tight. It sort of pulls in across the shoulders.

2 or 3mm of extra room would probably fix this and make the shirt a lot more comfortable.

Has anyone else noticed this?

5. michaeljohnr

They were gifts.

6. tmchow

tmchow Senior member

I haven't tried a Gustin shirt yet, but your experience surprises me given what I see in their fit guide. I"m typically a 38 in a suit jacket (Regular and Short, just depends on the brand). I measured my chest circumference yesterday and am 39". According to their fit guide, this puts me in their XS category. How the heck is a medium on your 38R body fitting tight?!

7. Stitches

Stitches Senior member

Actual measurements of your shirt and around (not across) your chest would help.

However, I don't think these shirts are meant to fit that slim. You may want to focus more on the neck, shoulder, and sleeve measurements so you'll actually have a proper fit. If you do, the chest should be roomier by a few inches. If so, it's easy and cheap to have the shirt tailored, the chest taken in or darted, to the fit you like.

I do see after looking at their fit guide that they don't post the shoulder measurements, my mistake. Although, It would be helpful.

8. 2eleven

2eleven Member

Yep. My mediums fit perfectly, but tug a bit on that second button. For what it's worth, it seems to tug that way on the official Gustin model - check the picture of the guy standing up wearing a blue oxford in any of the button down campaigns. :) It doesn't bother me too much, so I'm just calling it "part of the look". The shirts are very nice overall.

I also don't know any human with a neck small enough to ever button the top button. Even if I went up a size, I wouldn't be able to button it - and my neck looks like a toothpick! I don't wear ties, so its not an issue for me, but it might be for some people so I thought I'd mention it.

9. michaeljohnr

I sized by neck, then sleeve length figuring the rest would fall into place.

I was afraid to move up to a 45.5" chest (L) because that's an additional 2" larger than the medium and 2" larger in the waist, which fits very well at 41.5" (M.)

To not be misunderstood, it's slightly tight around the circumference of the second button down from the top. It's not too high under the arms though, it's only the circumference around that second button right below the neck button.

Size XS S M L XL
    Chest (1" down underarm seam) 39 1/2 41 1/2 43 1/2 45 1/2 47 1/2
    Waist (6" down underarm) 37 1/2 39 1/2 41 1/2 43 1/2 45 1/2
    Center back length 28 3/8 29 3/8 30 3/8 30 7/8 31 3/8
    Sleeve length from center back 33 34 34 1/2 35 1/2 36
    Neck opening 14 1/2 15 15 1/2 16 16 1/2

10. michaeljohnr

Exactly. You can see it clearly in the photo below. It runs from the second button down from the top button off to each shoulder. It almost makes a slight 'V' shape.

A slight increase in material would improve this greatly, but of course I am thinking only of me here.

[​IMG]

11. Iipe

Iipe Well-Known Member

Same thing happens to me with my Gustin shirt and the second button. It doesn't really bother me but still it would look better without that.

12. jimanchower

jimanchower Senior member

2eleven,
    My straight fit 33 #25 natural indigos measure 16.25-16.5 inches across the front, with the waistband pulled as straight as I can get it. This is before trying them on or anything. For what it's worth I wear a 32 waist in Levi's 514 and I feel like the Gustin 33 is the correct size for me. I'm not sure if the straight fit is what I want, though... I may let these go and wait for the Grey Silk slims that I've got coming to me later this month.

13. 2eleven

2eleven Member

Thanks - from those measurements, a 33 will be perfect. PM me if you want to let those straight fit 33s go.

14. Grayland

Grayland Senior member

I have 2 of the Oxford shirts and love the fit and the beefy material. I'm considering grabbing one of the selvedge chambray shirts. Can anyone comment on the thickness of the Gustin Chambray? Is is a fairly heavyweight shirt?

15. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

So, duck canvas looks pretty cool, but I think I'm going to wait out the natural duck canvas, and go with the traditional color (yellow/golden kind of color) when that's available. I just got my natural twills yesterday, and it confirmed what I keep on learning: white/natural pants are too revealing for my own good. If you can easily see your balls through your pants, they are just not a good choice for you. :) The effect is just very obvious on such light colored pants. So, those aren't being kept, unfortunately. And I'm going to assume the same problem would exist with the natural duck canvas.